RubyMine 2018.1 Released: Improved Performance, Run Anything, Postfix Completion, and More
- Faster and smarter IDE
- Run anything
- Postfix code completion
- Inline diagrams in Markdown
- Version control
- Other improvements
Faster and smarter IDE
- The redesigned core static analysis engine improves the performance of the IDE. In particular, code autocompletion suggestions, code inspection (Code | Inspect Code), and other features related to code analysis now respond better and complete faster. More.
- Improved Code Insight for block variables: a block passed as a parameter is now properly resolved from the receiver block’s body. More.
- The new Run anything action (Double Ctrl) provides a unified way to instantly run rake tasks,
rails s, or basically any script or console command. More.
- Press Shift while using the Run anything action, and it will switch to the Debug anything mode, allowing you to run debug configurations.
Postfix code completion
- The newly added postfix code completion lets you transform an existing expression without the need to move your caret about in the code making it possible to easily reverse, alter, or supplement statements. More.
Inline diagrams in Markdown
- Markdown preview now renders inline diagrams! Insert
pumlbefore your diagram code in an
.mdfile and RubyMine will properly identify the syntax and display the diagram in the preview pane. More.
- The debugger now provides a more user-friendly way to set up exception breakpoints which will suspend execution when a certain type of exception is raised.
- If you don’t want the debugger to stop at every exception raised, hit the plus button and choose which types of exceptions should be triggered. More.
- TypeScript improvements. The new version supports the latest TypeScript features, improves the Implement Members action, and adds a new Surround with type guard quick-fix for unresolved properties.
- Vue improvements. Create new Vue components from existing ones: select the part of the template you want to reuse and use Refactor | Extract or press Alt-Enter and select Extract Vue Component.
- CSS improvements. Cmd/Ctrl-click on the class name in HTML can now navigate not only to its declaration in the compiled CSS file linked to the HTML file, but also to the Sass, SCSS, or Less source.
- The new release features partial Git commits, which allow you to include code chunks into a commit using the check-boxes, and associate the code chunks with different changelists. More.
- Three new actions were added to make it easier to use the rebasing procedure from the IDE: Abort Rebase, Continue Rebase and Skip Commit. More.
- New Open in terminal action. More.
- Navigate through identifier occurrences. More.
- Comment out HTML and Ruby in .html.erb. More.
- The navigation bar is now enabled by default. More.
- IDE Settings Sync plugin. More.
- By default RubyMine now completes current statements on pressing Enter.
- Improved documentation UI.
Subscribe to Blog updates
RubyMine 2023.3: Generally Available AI Assistant, Improved Project Indexing, New Supported Libraries and Technologies
RubyMine 2023.3 is now available! As we announced in our previous blog post, the latest version of our popular Ruby and Rails IDE comes complete with RubyMine’s improved project indexing. We also identified and resolved several problems that had been causing low memory performance and fr…
RubyMine 2023.2 With AI Assistant Is Out!
RubyMine 2023.2 is now publicly available! You can download it from our website or via the free Toolbox App. The latest version of the most intelligent Ruby and Rails IDE brings the brand-new AI Assistant and is packed with other improvements, including Turbo code completion in Ruby on Rails proj…
RubyMine 2023.1: Rails 7 and Ruby 3.2 Support, Improved Performance, Refreshed New UI, and More!
The release of RubyMine 2023.1 is now available! You can get the new build from our website or via the free Toolbox App. The Ruby and Rails IDE has been upgraded to support Rails 7 and Ruby 3.2 with additional improvements, including a refreshed new UI, faster code completion, decreased memory…
RubyMine 2022.3 Released!
RubyMine 2022.3 is now available! The latest version of our popular Ruby and Rails IDE is packed with improvements, including: A new UI that you can enable in the settingsEnhanced RBS support Improvements for working with shared contexts and examples in RSpecUpdated navigation and s…