Scala Plugin 0.10.279 Update is Available

Right before the Scala Days 2013 we are exciting to announce that the new version of Scala plugin for IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 has been released and is available for download. In case if you have the plugin already installed just press Update Plugin.

The new features in the release include:

• SCL-5267 Inspection to check isInstanceOf call in if statement
  • SCL-5613 Inspection to check collection chain methods can be simplified

Fixes:

• Performance improvements of method dependent types
  • Lots of fixes in highlighting for projects using scalax.Graph library

There are also good news that the team of Scala support in JetBrains is growing. Nikolay Tropin is now responsible for all refactoring tools of the Scala plugin.

We would also love if you join us at JetBrain’s booth on Scala Days 2013 conference, which will take place in New York on 10-12th of June. At our booth you will be able to learn more about Scala support from our team. Be sure to attend our session Scala Developer Tools in IntelliJ IDEA on Wednesday, June 12th from 11:15 – 12:00.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

23 Responses to Scala Plugin 0.10.279 Update is Available

1. OlegYch says:

June 7, 2013

thanks guys!

2. Stas says:

June 7, 2013

The plugin warns about incompatibility with Play2 plugin – any ideas?

• Alexander Podkhalyuzin says:

June 10, 2013

Actually it’s compatible, just ignore error message. Play 2.0 plugin and Scala plugin will be uploaded shortly, without this terrible message.

Best regards,
      Alexander Podkhalyuzin.

3. Kfir Bloch says:

June 7, 2013

I am looking forward for better refactoring tools in Scala. we really need it when we want to work TDD

4. Joe says:

June 7, 2013

Any chance f recording the session and putting it online?
    Would help

• Alexander Podkhalyuzin says:

June 10, 2013

I think it will be done by Scaladays stuff.

Best regards,
      Alexander Podkhalyuzin.

5. Stas says:

June 7, 2013

Which session?

6. Anton says:

June 7, 2013

Will the Play 2.0 be update soon to comply the new Scala plugin?

• Alexander Podkhalyuzin says:

June 10, 2013

It’s compatible, just ignore error message. Play 2.0 plugin and Scala plugin will be uploaded shortly, without this terrible message.

Best regards,
      Alexander Podkhalyuzin.

7. Eric H says:

June 8, 2013

These look great, but out of curiosity, why the big jump in version numbers? I was braced for impact when I saw that. 🙂

• Alexander Podkhalyuzin says:

June 10, 2013

It will jump for three numbers every month.
      Reason is that we have three branches: Master, Release branch, IDEA 13 branch.
      Before release we will merge master to Release branch, then Release branch will have increased number, master branch will increase number by 2, and IDEA 13 branch will be bigger for three. It’s important to have information about what build is newer.

Best regards,
      Alexander Podkhalyuzin.

8. Martijn says:

June 8, 2013

Play 2 plugin is incompatible with this Scala plugin. I’ve updated the Scala plugin and now my Play2 support is no longer working. How can I revert to the previous plugin? I’m stuck!

9. Haakon says:

June 8, 2013

Does code completion feel a bit slower with this version for anyone else?

10. Tony says:

June 8, 2013

WARNING: This WILL break your Play 2.0 Support plugin. The warning about incompatibility should come before installing. If, like me, you dutifully updated, you can fix it. Just uninstall the Scala plugin and download version 0.7.264 from http://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/?idea&id=1347. You can then choose the “Install plugin from disk…” option under Settings->plugins

• Alexander Podkhalyuzin says:

June 10, 2013

Best regards,
      Alexander Podkhalyuzin.

11. Ilan says:

June 9, 2013

Why is the new version incompatible with EAP 13?

• Alexander Podkhalyuzin says:

June 10, 2013

I’ll upload it shortly, sorry for inconveniences.

Best regards,
      Alexander Podkhalyzin.

12. Adam says:

June 14, 2013

Hi Alexander,

Can we please, please, please can we get release notes in the plugin to let us know what’s changed? Even if it’s just YouTrack numbers or whatever, it’s better than nothing.

Thanks for your hard work.

Adam

• Alexander Podkhalyuzin says:

July 5, 2013

Hi, Adam,

Is it not enough to have such release notes in this blog?

Best regards,
      Aleksandr Podkhaliuzin.

13. Francis says:

June 15, 2013

Play plugin still not updated?

• Alexander Podkhalyuzin says:

July 5, 2013

Hi, Francis,

Sorry for long response. Yes, It’s updated now. And today we will update new versions of Scala and Play plugins with new blogpost. Sorry for inconveniences.

Best regards,
      Alexander Podkhalyuzin.

14. Markus Klink says:

June 23, 2013

I am just evaluating intellij + scala and comparing it against eclipse. I am not sure if I got it to install correctly, but how is this incremental compiler supposed to work? I thought when I change the name of a type, so that classes in other files have an unknown reference, it would be detected, however I always need to compile to get the compiler output.
    I also fail to see a problems view as in eclipse. It would be great if you could give me a little bit help, thanks
    Markus

• Alexander Podkhalyuzin says:

June 24, 2013

Hi, Markus,

Please enable type-aware highlighting (it’s [_] icon in right bottom corner).

Best regards,