A new TeamCity EAP release: improved roles and permissions UI, “authorized” build agents, and more
This EAP release brings:
- new user interface on assigning per-project user roles,
- redesigned Build Results page,
- possibility to create custom statistics charts,
- more powerful control on the build agents via authorized/unauthorized state,
- VCS labels for Subversion, StarTeam, and ClearCase, and more
The redesigned Assign roles dialog provides ability to assign a role in multiple projects:
Besides, it’s now possible to assign roles in multiple projects for multiple users and unassign multiple roles in a single action, and many others.
More possibilities on extending TeamCity are now available: report and display custom statistic values using teamcity-info.xml file. Statistics charts can then be displayed in the Statistics tab of the build configuration.
We have added one more state for the Build Agents for better control of the company’s Build Grid which is “authorized” Agents which can be managed by TeamCity Administrator. Only authorized Build Agents can run TeamCity builds. All those unauthorized immediately appear in Agents| Unauthorized Agents tab.
In addition to automatic build labeling, you can now label sources used for a build at a later time by clicking the Label this build sources link of the Build Results page:
Among the other improvements:
- smarter “Builds with my changes” notifications
- polished statistic charts presentation and new passed tests count and inspections/duplicates counts charts
- improved VCS support