The recording of our webinar “Peer Code Review from IDE” is available on JetBrains YouTube channel.
In this webinar Trisha Gee shows to create code reviews, assign reviewers, participate in discussions and manage your code reviews straight from your favorite IDE using Upsource IDE Integration plugin.
This webinar is geared towards developers of different proficiency regardless of programming language of choice. The recording will be available after the webinar.
Trisha has developed Java applications for a range of industries, including finance, manufacturing and non-profit, for companies of all sizes. She has expertise in Java high performance systems, is passionate about enabling developer productivity, and dabbles with Open Source development.
- Q: Can I leave comment to file, not to specific line of code?
A: You can leave a code review level comment. See the recording at 16:40.
- Q: Am I able to filter comments in the IDE by
resolved status so I will only view the unresolved
A: Not at the moment, but it is coming in Upsource 3.5
- Q: Can I use Upsource plugin in IntelliJ IDEA Community version?
A: Yes, you can use it with any IDE from JetBrains including IntelliJ IDEA Community.
- Q: Hi, what about CI integrations?
A: You can configure a webhook to send build updates from your CI server to Upsource.
- Q: How about Jira integration?
A: You can learn more about JIRA integration in Upsource from this blog post.
- Q: How does the web interface differ when pointed at Subversion?
A: It doesn’t differ. Upsource has unified web interface for all supported VCSs.
- Q: Is it possible to have additional filter for the discussions in the Upsource plugin (display only unresolved discussions, like web version has)?
A: Not at the moment, it is coming in the next version.
- Q: Is there any way to track how many times reviewer returned the code to the author before acceptance?
A: Not in the UI, however it’s possible to get the information using API.