Welcome to YouTrack 4.2 Early Access Program
Are you ready to try YouTrack 4.2? Good, because YouTrack 4.2 Early Access Program (EAP) is officially opened as of today. Oh, and after you do please give us your feedback.
What’s already in there?
- Chatting with YouTrack Jabber-Bot: this feature is hilarious, honestly! The idea is that now you can really chat with YouTrack via jabber: send search requests and apply commands in reply to the jabber notification or simply by starting a chat with YouTrack! Here is just a short episode of my conversation with YouTrack:
What can you chat about?
- Send search queries for quick results. For example, type /for:me #unresolved to get the top 10 unresolved issues assigned to you.
- Apply command(s) to specific issue(s). For example, type Erp-24 fixed tag ready to be tested to fix issue Erp-24 and add the tag ‘ready to be tested’.
- Ask for help by typing /help.
- Simply chat if you feel like talking to someone 🙂
This guy is really worth a separate blog post, so expect it soon! Please take a look at the YouTrack Chat-Bot Manual before you start chatting.
- Integration with Zendesk: This brand new integration allows you to share Zendesk tickets with YouTrack. When you share a ticket, a new issue is created in YouTrack automatically and all the changes will be further synchronized between Zendesk and YouTrack. For details about configuring the integration click here.
- A bunch of brand new workflows, bundled with YouTrack and ready to be used in your projects, such as:
- workflow for ‘depends on’ link
- detect +1 in comments and suggest to vote for the issue
- reminder to add attachment or screenshot, if ‘attach’ is mentioned in the comment
- blacklist for spam filtering
- be notified when the ‘depend on’ issue is resolved
- mark sprint as completed to prevent further changes
- Timer (on/off or changing state In Progress/Fixed) workflow for adding work items automatically
- ‘Visible to’ command and search query: Now you can directly define the group your issue/comment is visible to, via the command window, or instead search by the visibility group:
- Performance improvements: Now YouTrack is even faster! Try v4.2 and feel the difference.
Your feedback is extremely important to us. Please share your thoughts via:
Keep tracking with pleasure!
JetBrains YouTrack Team