Big Data Tools 1.2 is Now Available
In recent Big Data Tools releases, we’ve added a lot of new features, like Kafka support, a New Project wizard, additional Zeppelin settings, improved Python support, and more. We’ve received a lot of requests for us to polish these new additions, and we’ve taken this feedback to heart.
Version 1.2 is a massive bug-fix release that greatly improves a wide array of features, both new and old. Here’s the full list of all the bugs we’ve fixed and improvements we’ve made:
- Improved support for symlinked files and folders (BDIDE-1879, BDIDE-1923)
- Fixed the problem causing strings in Scala code to be underlined (BDIDE-1891)
- Fixed exceptions when working with files in the BDT panel (BDIDE-1926, BDIDE-1907, BDIDE-1688)
- Fixed the Ztools 404 error on running cells (BDIDE-1568)
- Fixed problems with opening .parquet, .avro, and .orc files (BDIDE-1922, BDIDE-1780, BDIDE-1878, BDIDE-1666, BDIDE-1788)
- Improved Spark Job extraction (BDIDE-1933)
- Fixed an exception during Python completion (BDIDE-1940)
- Improved charts and their settings (BDIDE-1823, BDIDE-1932, BDIDE-1722, BDIDE-1807, BDIDE-1814, BDIDE-1812, BDIDE-1950)
- Improved the validation process for BDT Connection settings (BDIDE-1930, BDIDE-1929, BDIDE-1910, BDIDE-1936, BDIDE-1850, BDIDE-1835)
- Reworked BDT Connection settings (BDIDE-1778, BDIDE-1870, BDIDE-1011, BDIDE-953, BDIDE-132, BDIDE-121, BDIDE-1741, BDIDE-1944)
- Improved the filter for Spark-monitoring applications (BDIDE-1846)
- Improved the display of Spark Job links in Zeppelin notes (BDIDE-1844)
- Added HTTP redirection support for Spark, Hadoop, and Zeppelin (BDIDE-1931)
- Fixed the auto-import quick-fix in Zeppelin notes (BDIDE-1913)
- Fixed a rare exception in the BDT panel on IDE startup (BDIDE-1925)
- Improve dependencies mechanism for Zeppelin connections (BDIDE-1893)
- Fixed a name collision with notes and folders of the same name in Zeppelin connections (BDIDE-1919)
- Improved the mechanism for refreshing the BDT panel if it contains an HDFS connection (BDIDE-1909, BDIDE-1742)
- Fixed a file chooser error that occurred when dumping remote tabular files (BDIDE-1849)
- Fixed issues involving resolve parameters in Spark Submit (BDIDE-1868, BDIDE-1935)
- Resolved problems with the precode variables in local Zeppelin notes (BDIDE-1563)
- Fixed a problem with the display of Kafka connections (BDIDE-1886)
- Fixed cosmetic issues in BDT settings (BDIDE-1903, BDIDE-1884, BDIDE-1843, BDIDE-1848)
- Fixed the problem causing the focus to jump to the end of a Zeppelin note when it is reopened (BDIDE-1899)
Documentation and social networks
We’re actively developing and enhancing the Big Data Tools plugin and doing our best to take all of your feedback into account and fix as many bugs as possible.
And last but not least, if you’re looking for more info about how to use any of the plugin’s features, make sure to check out the IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, or DataGrip documentation. Need more help? Leave us a message here in the comments or on Twitter.
We hope that all of these improvements will allow you to do more exciting things in a more enjoyable way. Thank you for using the Big Data Tools plugin!
The Big Data Tools team