CLion 2023.3 Goes Beta
The Beta version of CLion Classic 2023.3 is now available with key improvements and changes that are expected in the upcoming release. Download build 233.11799.37 from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package for Ubuntu.
If you are using CLion Nova, note that we do not plan to release it as part of v2023.3. We are still collecting feedback, addressing issues found by users, and adding notable features that are already available in CLion Classic. You are welcome to use CLion Nova as a free EAP version until we merge it into CLion Classic and release it there.
Show Assembly in the context menu
To view the underlying assembly without launching a debug, you can call the Show Assembly action in CLion. We added this action to the file context menu for your convenience:
- Dev Containers allow developers to describe their development workspaces – including IDEs, necessary tools, dependencies, and frameworks – using code. These described configurations are stored in the project repository and can be rapidly launched within a container. CLion 2023.3 got the improved support for Dev Containers. Learn more details here.
- CLion now filters the list of CMake presets it shows in Settings/Preferences | Build, Execution, Deployment | CMake depending on the platform.
- The Invalidate Caches action now also removes the Docker cache (CPP-35565).
- We addressed the performance problem with slow CMake configuration in remote setup (CPP-35407).
- If you had issues with CLion on Qt projects in previous EAP builds, like incorrect problem reports, actions not working, etc., these issues are now fixed in this EAP build (CPP-35335).
- Support for vcpkg
- Support for QML syntax
- Improved Attach to Process… dialog
- Suspend or resume individual threads while debugging
- A new action to add C++20 modules
- Terminal emulation
- Clangd-based indexer for faster Find Usages
- Disassemble on demand in the CLion debugger
- Intel syntax in the Assembly view
Your CLion team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
CLion 2023.3 Release Candidate
CLion 2023.3 is on its way, and the release candidate for v2023.3 is already available! To install CLion 2023.3 RC (build 233.11799.171), download it from the website, update via the Toolbox App, or use this snap package (for Ubuntu). You need an active subscription or a trial license to use CLi…
CLion Nova: A New Update With Various Bug Fixes
CLion Nova, a free preview of CLion with the ReSharper C++/Rider C++ language engine, was announced recently. We’re excited to see how well you liked the first build! There are about 3,700 users right now and the overall feedback is mostly positive, especially that which is related to performance an…
CLion Nova Explodes onto the C and C++ Development Scene
TL;DR Today, we’re announcing a free early preview of CLion, which uses the ReSharper C++/Rider C++ language engine instead of the CLion "legacy" engine. The Preview build is available via our dedicated Toolbox App feed. At some point in 2024, depending on the results of the feedback coll…
CLion 2023.3 EAP6: Support for Intel Syntax in Assembly Views
Grab the fresh CLion 2023.3 EAP5 build (233.11555.2) from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package if you are using Ubuntu, or update via a patch if you’re using the previous EAP build. DOWNLOAD CLION EAP Intel syntax in the Assembly view Previously, CLion 2023.3 EAP added an Assembly…