dotTrace 4.0 Puts On a Fine Performance
Front seats at the ballet: $200
Front seats at the ball game: $100
Quickly spotting bottlenecks in your .NET application: priceless
There are some performances money can buy. For everything else, there’s dotTrace 4.0 Performance.
Jokes aside, here’s what dotTrace 4.0 Performance, currently in Beta, brings to the table.
- Visual Studio 2005, 2008, and 2010
- .NET Compact Framework 3.5
- .NET Framework 1.0 to 4.0
- Silverlight 4
New profiling modes:
- Remote profiling: connect to a remote machine to profile a standalone or web application, or a Windows service.
- Line-by-line profiling: view detailed timing information for every statement in methods that have source code available.
- Ever thought, “What if I optimize this function by 40%?”? Now dotTrace knows the answer! It can recalculate a snapshot without reprofiling your application, so you can instantly estimate potential performance gains.
New edition scheme:
- dotTrace 4.0 Performance comes in two editions: Standard and Professional. Standard Edition provides all the functionality that is available in Professional Edition, excluding support for .NET Compact Framework 3.5, Silverlight 4, and remote profiling.
- Improved speed and accuracy in all modes, plus a ‘high accuracy’ flag to take into account the time spent inside the profiler.
- Extremely robust handling of huge snapshots (up to hundreds of GB!)
- Snapshot annotations:
Read more at What’s New.
Download a free 30-day trial of dotTrace 4.0 Performance Beta today.
More questions? Check out the updated dotTrace FAQ.