ReSharper 5.1.2 is Released
ReSharper 5.1.2 bugfix campaign is finally over! Please download ReSharper 5.1.2 release build (5.1.1766.4) from the official ReSharper web site. It should work well with ASP.NET MVC 3 RTM that Microsoft is releasing today.
Here’s a quick overview of fixes and improvements introduced since version 5.1.1:
- ReSharper 5.1.2 doesn’t interfere with Visual Studio IntelliSense in ASP.NET MVC 3 Razor syntax. Earlier ReSharper 5.x builds had certain issues with Razor IntelliSense that are addressed in 5.1.2. Specifically, ReSharper 5.1.2 doesn’t prevent Visual Studio from automatically providing its own IntelliSense in .cshtml and .vbhtml web pages anymore: both code completion and Parameter Info work as expected. Other than that, ReSharper 5.x doesn’t provide any additional support for Razor: only ReSharper 6 will bring full support for this view engine. Pre-release ReSharper 6 builds are currently available via Early Access Program.
- Improved IntelliSense in Watch tool windows. The Razor IntelliSense fix has a side effect: ReSharper doesn’t anymore block Visual Studio IntelliSense from automatically popping up after dot in Watch tool windows used during debugging. This fix doesn’t yet apply to the QuickWatch dialog box though.
- Live templates can now be saved one by one. Prior 5.x releases were able to save all live templates at once but, weirdly, weren’t saving them on Ctrl+S. Now you can save them one by one safely. Besides, saving templates doesn’t deselect them in the Template Explorer anymore (RSRP-90569).
- Support for Test Projects (MSTest) re-targeted to .NET Framework 3.5. We have already blogged about this particular improvement.
- A backport from ReSharper 6 allows faster processing of large files (10,000 LOC or more.)
- ReSharper PowerToys should no longer throw exceptions that they used to throw with 5.1.1.
- External Sources now reads PDB files in a better way.
- Bug fixes related to referencing CoreCLR assemblies from Silverlight projects, comments in VB.NET, BizTalk projects, shortcut persistence, and references to SharpSVN.
This is a recommended upgrade, so don’t forget to download ReSharper 5.1.2 and give it a go.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Boost Code Quality with Qodana and GitHub Actions
It’s been roughly half a year since we introduced Qodana to .NET in our blog post about how to elevate your C# code quality with Qodana. Since then, we’ve been quite busy! Qodana went out of preview and into GA. Furthermore, we greatly improved the integration with our IDEs, providing an effortless …
Critical Thinking in an AI-Powered World
Critical thinking techniques for use with JetBrains AI Assistant.
How To Use AI Assistant to Generate Test Data For .NET Applications
How To Use AI Assistant to Generate Test Data For .NET Applications for better unit tests.