How-To's

ReSharper 7 EAP now available for all VS versions

ReSharper 7 EAP opened up just over a month ago providing early support for Visual Studio 11. We have now opened this up also to other editions of Visual Studio, specifically 2005, 2008 and 2010. As such, if  you’re not yet working with VS11, you can install ReSharper 7 on previous versions.

Get the latest editions from the EAP page. As new releases appear, new features will be available and we will be blogging about them.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

15 Responses to ReSharper 7 EAP now available for all VS versions

1. Avatar

Abdurrahman says:

May 10, 2012

Excellent work; was waiting for this!

2. Avatar

RobH says:

May 10, 2012

Can we get some details on the benefits of 7 for users of VS 2005, 2008, and 2010? All I see from the blog post announcing the VS11 EAP is just that it supports VS11. Are there any new features to take advantage of for the older VS editions?

3. Avatar

Jura Gorohovsky says:

May 10, 2012

@RobH
    Sure, we’ll be blogging about new features and technology support improvements on this blog in upcoming months.

4. Avatar

Dave says:

May 11, 2012

So asked this question about a month ago. Are 6.1 users gonna able to upgrade for free to this as I JUST bought 6?

5. Avatar

Eyal Shilony says:

May 16, 2012

Thank you so much! finally I can use it.

6. Avatar

Dave says:

May 25, 2012

Again, you guys were saying I’d be getting a free upgrade since my purchase was very close to this new release. Can someone comment as to who can migrate to this without double paying in a short time period basically?

7. Avatar

Hadi Hariri says:

May 25, 2012

@Dave

Upgrade period starts usually about a month prior to release of the new version and is announced. Outside this period users get a substantial discount on the upgrade price.

8. Avatar

Reshishi says:

June 4, 2012

So what do we, as VS2010 users, get from using 7.x EAP?

9. Avatar

Jura Gorohovsky says:

June 4, 2012

@Reshishi
    Blog posts describing ReSharper 7 features are coming up, stay tuned

10. Avatar

Fred Morrison says:

June 25, 2012

It’s now June 25, 2012, and I still don’t know *SPECIFICALLY* what new features and benefits are in ReSharper 7 that would make me want to upgrade from ReSharper 6.1.1 if I’m not using Visual Studio 2012.

11. Avatar

Joe White says:

June 26, 2012

I’ll second Fred’s sentiment. Usually the new features are discussed well in advance, to start getting us excited about the new release. But this time, nothing’s been announced except VS2012 support and the built-in ability to capture performance profiles. That doesn’t seem worth paying full price for a major-version upgrade.

12. Avatar

Hadi Hariri says:

June 26, 2012

@Joe, @Fred,

We’re working on these posts. Sorry for the delay. We’ve been caught up on actually making sure a lot of things are polished and working correctly prior to making a series of posts about them. There is a lot more coming. Trust me.

13. Avatar

Brandon says:

July 2, 2012

After using the ReSharper 7 EAP for the last couple of weeks I can’t see any “significant” new features. The graphics got a face lift but that’s about it. Intellisense has also been very sluggish at times in VS 2010 compared to v6 (granted this is still part of EAP).

That said… ReSharper is one of my favorite dev tools so I’ll be curious to see what happens with v7.

14. Avatar

Brandon Behrens says:

July 9, 2012

Can you let us know if there are plans to support the Spark view engine in resharper 7?

15. Avatar

Jura Gorohovsky says:

July 9, 2012

@Brandon
    Spark support is not included in v7.
    In fact, no Spark support schedules or estimates are currently in place but we’ll be happy to support any initiatives towards developing a Spark plug-in to ReSharper.
    If you are willing to take part, please let us know in comments to the corresponding feature request.

Discover more