How-To's

Updating from previous versions of ReSharper to 9.1 from within Visual Studio

Hello everyone,

Due to an unforeseen technical issue, updating from ReSharper 9.0.1 or ReSharper 9.1 EAP builds to ReSharper 9.1 RTM fails if you try to update from within ReSharper (via ReSharper | Help | Check for Updates). We apologize for the inconvenience that this issue might cause you and recommend the following workaround:

1. Download ReSharper 9.1 RTM (full or web installer) from the web site
  2. Run the installer. It will automatically detect whether you have previous versions installed.
  3. If the Update option for ReSharper is not pre-selected, select it and proceed with the upgrade installation.
  4. Forgive us.

We hope that you enjoy the latest update despite this issue.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

13 Responses to Updating from previous versions of ReSharper to 9.1 from within Visual Studio

1. Avatar

Alexander Groß says:

April 10, 2015

I also needed to run the installer from outside of Visual Studio. But even after running it twice, I still had 9.0 Update 1 in VS. Only after uninstalling JetBrains Tools Platform completely and running a clean install I was able to use 9.1.

2. Avatar

Markus says:

April 10, 2015

You are forgiven…

3. Dew Drop – April 10, 2015 (#1991) | Morning Dew says:

April 10, 2015

[…] Updating from previous versions of ReSharper to 9.1 from within Visual Studio (Daria Dovzhikova) […]

4. Avatar

rainnight says:

April 15, 2015

It exists some problems, some attributes of the object cannot be displayed in the editor, marked with a red (error), but the solution can be compiled by

rainnight says:

April 15, 2015

v9.1 version

5. Avatar

Orion says:

July 15, 2015

Heya,

My office has ReSharper 8.1, which I installed to VS2012. I followed the instructions above, but there was no Update option. After it installed, it looks like I have the 9.1 eval version. I tried using the license username+key combo I was given, but the Manage License Keys dialogue says “License to version 8.0 not acceptable”.

How do I upgrade from 8.1 to 9.1 with our licenses?

Thanks!

– O8

6. Avatar

datphu says:

May 16, 2016

How do I upgrade from 9 to 10 with our licenses?

Daria Dovzhikova says:

May 16, 2016

Hello,

Ability to upgrade using existing license depends on its type and date it was issued. Please contact sales@jetbrains.com for assistance on your particular issue.

7. Avatar

Sharanya says:

May 18, 2016

Hi,

We have a Resharper 8.2.3 licence version, and we upgraded Visual Studio 2015, and not and can we use same existing licence for visual studio 2015?

Sharanya says:

May 18, 2016

We have a Resharper 8.2.3 licence version, and we upgraded Visual Studio 2015, and can we use same existing licence for visual studio 2015?

Daria Dovzhikova says:

May 18, 2016

ReSharper supports Visual Studio 2015 starting from version 9. If your license included subscription which was valid at least till December, 2014, it might allow you upgrading to version 9. Otherwise you will need to purchase an upgrade to it. Please contact sales@jetbrains.com for further investigations on the issue.

Discover more