Updating from previous versions of ReSharper to 9.1 from within Visual Studio

Hello everyone,

Due to an unforeseen technical issue, updating from ReSharper 9.0.1 or ReSharper 9.1 EAP builds to ReSharper 9.1 RTM fails if you try to update from within ReSharper (via ReSharper | Help | Check for Updates). We apologize for the inconvenience that this issue might cause you and recommend the following workaround:

1. Download ReSharper 9.1 RTM (full or web installer) from the web site
  2. Run the installer. It will automatically detect whether you have previous versions installed.
  3. If the Update option for ReSharper is not pre-selected, select it and proceed with the upgrade installation.
  4. Forgive us.

We hope that you enjoy the latest update despite this issue.

This entry was posted in How-To's and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Updating from previous versions of ReSharper to 9.1 from within Visual Studio

1. Alexander Groß says:

I also needed to run the installer from outside of Visual Studio. But even after running it twice, I still had 9.0 Update 1 in VS. Only after uninstalling JetBrains Tools Platform completely and running a clean install I was able to use 9.1.

2. Markus says:

You are forgiven…

3. Pingback: Dew Drop – April 10, 2015 (#1991) | Morning Dew

4. rainnight says:

It exists some problems, some attributes of the object cannot be displayed in the editor, marked with a red (error), but the solution can be compiled by

5. Orion says:

Heya,

My office has ReSharper 8.1, which I installed to VS2012. I followed the instructions above, but there was no Update option. After it installed, it looks like I have the 9.1 eval version. I tried using the license username+key combo I was given, but the Manage License Keys dialogue says “License to version 8.0 not acceptable”.

How do I upgrade from 8.1 to 9.1 with our licenses?

Thanks!

– O8

6. datphu says:

How do I upgrade from 9 to 10 with our licenses?

7. Sharanya says:

Hi,

We have a Resharper 8.2.3 licence version, and we upgraded Visual Studio 2015, and not and can we use same existing licence for visual studio 2015?

• Sharanya says:

We have a Resharper 8.2.3 licence version, and we upgraded Visual Studio 2015, and can we use same existing licence for visual studio 2015?

• Daria Dovzhikova says:

ReSharper supports Visual Studio 2015 starting from version 9. If your license included subscription which was valid at least till December, 2014, it might allow you upgrading to version 9. Otherwise you will need to purchase an upgrade to it. Please contact sales@jetbrains.com for further investigations on the issue.