Bug Fix Update to ReSharper Ultimate is Available

Hello everyone,

Right after Build 2015, we published ReSharper 9.1.1 Release Candidate with Visual Studio 2015 RC support, and today we invite you to download and try ReSharper 9.1.1 RTM along with ReSharper C++ 1.0.1 and corresponding updates to ReSharper Ultimate tools.

This maintenance update for ReSharper is mostly notable for:

• Support for Visual Studio 2015 RC. If you’re among early adopters of the newest Visual Studio 2015 builds, please download ReSharper 9.1.1 and let us know if you encounter any problems.
  • Per-machine installation, that can be very handy when several users share a single machine and ReSharper should be available for all of them.
  • 100+ hot fixes in code completion, source templates and other areas. Here’s the full list of fixes and changes included in ReSharper 9.1.1 for your reference.

Please note that ReSharper 9.1.1 doesn’t provide full support for ASP.NET 5 Beta 4 yet. Most of the features are on board, but there are some areas we are still working on. Stay tuned for further updates on ASP.NET vNext support in ReSharper.

ReSharper C++ 1.0.1 receives lots of important improvements as well:

• Improved code completion including an option to replace “.” to “->” when completing a member.
  • Find Code Issues is now available from Solution Explorer context menu. It brings up Inspection Results window with all ReSharper C++ code highlights, like code quality issues, redundancies and code improvement suggestions. Having all of them in one window is easier than navigating through your code files to find and fix issues.
  • Access specifiers are now represented in a tooltip.
  • Semantic colour highlighting is now turned on by default.
  • Better performance when working with Boost libraries.
  • For the full list of fixes please take a look at release notes.
This entry was posted in How-To's and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Bug Fix Update to ReSharper Ultimate is Available

1. Pingback: Dew Drop – May 22, 2015 (#2020) | Morning Dew

2. Richard says:

“100+ hot fixes …”
    “Found 99 issues.”

99 is not the same as 100+!

• Rob Hughes says:

The 3 hardest problems in comp sci:
      1. Cache invalidation
      2. Naming things
      3. Off-by-one errors!

• Daria Dovzhikova says:

There are 111 of them to be precise. Perhaps, to see the complete list you need to click the link with the number in YouTrack, or maybe additional permissions are required to see all of them.

3. Milania says:

Hey, thanks for the update!

But I have two questions (regarding the C++ version only):

First, I have my own syntax highlighting and now this is gone. Where can I disable the semantic colour highlighting from ReSharper?

Second, I can’t see the option for “Find Code Issues” in the solution explorer. Do I have to turn something on to get this feature?

Best Regards
    Milania

• Daria Dovzhikova says:

Milania,

In order to turn “Color identifiers” checkbox off please go to ReSharper | Options | Code editing | C++ | Inspections
      You can also invoke “Find code issues” window via ReSharper | Inspect | Code Issues in Solution does it work for you?

• Milania says:

My syntax highlighting works now again, thanks!
        The confusing thing here is that there are two options with the same name:
        Code Inspection | Settings | Color identifiers
        and
        Code Editing | C++ | Inspections | Color identifiers.
        The second one is the right one regarding my problem.

Unfortunately I can’t find the “Code Issues in Solution” option in ReSharper | Inspect either. In the options menu at Code Inspections | Settings there is a checkbox “Enable solution-wide analysis” which is turned off and I can’t turn it on. Maybe this is the problem?

• Daria Dovzhikova says:

Milania,

Yes, these two options look quite similar indeed, sorry for the confusion.
          As for the problem with “Code Issues in Solution” is it correct that you have only ReSharper C++ installed, without ReSharper?

• Milania says:

Yes, this is correct!
            After installing ReSharper Ultimate the “Code Issues in Solution” option is available.
            I thought ReSharper Ultimate is only for C# projects. I think I was wrong about that.

Thank you very much for your help.

4. Thomas says:

>here can I disable the semantic colour highlighting from ReSharper?

“Color identifiers” checkbox on the Settings page in Code Inspection in Reshareper Options.

But it doesn’t work :( So the more appropriate question is where can I download 1.0.0?

5. Pingback: The Morning Brew - Chris Alcock » The Morning Brew #1867