ReSharper Ultimate 2017.2.1

Jura Gorohovsky

We’ve just released a bug-fix update to the ReSharper Ultimate product family: check out ReSharper Ultimate 2017.2.1.

• ReSharper 2017.2.1 fixes a few bugs in code completion, including a nasty bug in replace code completion with Tab (RSRP-466079, RSRP-466137); removes bogus red code in .NET Core applications that reference .NET Framework 4.7 or 4.6.2 assemblies (RSRP-466025); addresses a performance issue in navigation (RSRP-465988). Overall, ReSharper 2017.2.1 contains 50+ fixes.
  • ReSharper C++ 2017.2.1 fixes problems related to formatting, including ClangFormat-based formatting, as well as inconsistent naming inspections and their corresponding quick-fixes. There’s also a new code inspection available, Parameter may be const. Here’s the list of all fixes in ReSharper C++ 2017.2.1.
  • dotMemory 2017.2.1 improves its way of processing memory dumps that it can now import (all dotMemory fixes), and the new dotCover polishes its code highlighting (all dotCover fixes). Finally, around 20 assorted fixes are available in dotTrace 2017.2.1.

Go ahead and download ReSharper Ultimate 2017.2.1.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

10 Responses to ReSharper Ultimate 2017.2.1

1. Chris says:

September 22, 2017

If the bug you mentioned is tagged as a show-stopper:

Can I ask why this one was skipped – it is of a similar nature:

Please release 2017.2.2 asap as this bug makes changing code near impossible and I run across the bug 20-30+ times per day.

• Chris says:

September 22, 2017

Have created a gif of the issue and attached to bug:

• Mark says:

September 22, 2017

Agree this is really annoying!

• Pawel says:

September 22, 2017

Same here

• Richard says:

September 25, 2017

Totally agree. I can’t believe you have released a bugfix version without fixing this one. Exasperating !

• Steve Dunn says:

September 22, 2017

Yes, that one is VERY annoying!

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

September 22, 2017

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Chris. As far as I can see, details are currently being discussed in comments to RSRP-466206.

2. Chris says:

September 24, 2017

Anyone else having issues with nunit tests failing to use the latest build in 2017.2.1? I can’t fix failing nunit tests without restarting VS, as nunit stays “stuck” on the failing test build.

Between this issue and the completion issue mentioned in a comment above, I’m reverting (again) to the last 2017.1 release.

3. Simon says:

September 27, 2017

When creating views directly from actions in controllers by using Alt + Enter, the views are getting generated under “Pages” folder instead of “Views” folder in visual studio 2017.

4. Eric says:

September 29, 2017

I upgraded from 2017.2 to 2017.2.1 yesterday and ever since I’ve seen lots of different TFS errors. For example:
    TF400018: The local version table for the local workspace could not be opened. TF400030: The local data store is currently in use by another operation. Please wait and then try your operation again. If this error persists, restart the application.

I had other TFS errors yesterday which required me to delete and recreate my workspace.

I’ve never had these errors before yesterday’s upgrade.