ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1.1 and Rider 2019.1.1 hotfix updates are here!

Alexander Kurakin

Today we are publishing urgent hotfix releases for both the recent ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1 and Rider 2019.1 – please download and install ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1.1 and Rider 2019.1.1.

Both hotfix releases address the issue where unit tests were not being discovered/run or failed with the error message “The given key was not present in the dictionary” which resulted in broken code completion.

In addition to this, ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1.1 has a fix for the licensing issue where sometimes the error “We could not validate your license (license id) via JetBrains Account” would occur.

We are really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

28 Responses to ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1.1 and Rider 2019.1.1 hotfix updates are here!

1. Jeff Chen says:

May 2, 2019

when will you have another post for performance improvement again ?

2. Tadeusz says:

May 6, 2019

Resharper version 2019.1.1 has a nasty error, in cshtml files, javascript like:
    var a={‘@nameof(Model.Title)’ : ‘Text of title’};
    generates an error for ‘@nameof(Model.Title)’ part (with cascading dependent problems), but the Resharper 2018.3.1 version works OK with such constructions.

3. Simone says:

May 6, 2019

Since version 2019.1 + Visual Studio 2019, the Unit Test Sessions window doesn’t work correctly: when I launch the tests, they get all marked as “Pending” and the UI doesn’t update any more, until all of the tests have been executed.

Also, the Stop Execution button doesn’t work.

4. MikeF says:

May 6, 2019

“Visual Studio stopped responding for 6 seconds. Disabling the extension ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1.1 191.0.20190501 might help.”

5. Tim says:

May 7, 2019

Does ReSharper 2019.1 work with vs 2013?

Thanks

• Alexander Kurakin says:

May 8, 2019

Yes, ReSharper 2019.1 supports VS2013. Are you experience any issues in VS2013?

6. Winfried Andreas says:

May 7, 2019

Since version 2019.1 I run in constant licensing problems.

Due to the way I develop plugins for standard business software, I am forced to use multiple virtual machines to maintain version specific erp development environments, each with a running resharper ultimate version.
    Those vm all run on the same physical host, I am the only dev guy sitting in front of that workstation.

Usually I run one vm at a time to get specific work done, but for maintenance reasons or when upgrading plugins between different erp versions, I happen to run several vm in parallel.
    This never was a problem in the past, but since version 2019.1 I seem to lose the license regularly. Resharper is then disabled, I have to reapply the license on the affected vm.
    When I later start VS on another box that previously was okay, suddenly that other instance lost the license.

This is quite i pita, and as said before, never happened in the predecessor versions.
    If this persists, it renders R# quite useless for me and my teammates.

Could you please clarify if this licensing behaviour is intended or if this is an ordinary bug to report?

7. Winfried Andreas says:

May 8, 2019

Hello Alexander,

I already followed the guidelines described in the KB on several machines, last time yesterday afternoon in a VM with a relatively fresh installation of vs 2019.

I uninstalled every jetbrains product (DG, WS and Rider were also present), cleaned the file system, the registry and reset/deleted my windows user profile. After reboot and reinstall of R# (no other jetbrains products yet installed), it seemed to work for a while.

Nevertheless I needed to start working on a different project in another VM (VS 2015 with R# 2019.1.1). After having completed here, I switched back to the other VM with the fresh install and faced the same licensing problem again (both VM are domain joined, I login with the same windows account).

Finally this happening was the trigger to write the post above.

Most important for me is to be sure that I am not doing anything “wrong” in terms of your licensing requirements, or that you have changed your licensing policies for R#2019 in way now inhibiting a usage scenario as the one described above.
    If this is just some kind of buggy scenario with unclear background, I would be not that worried as I am in the moment.

Thanks!

• Alexander Kurakin says:

May 10, 2019

@Winfried, got it. I’ve asked to this deeply and check if something has been changed in terms of licensing in the latest release. I am sorry for the inconveniences it caused.

8. Ton says:

May 10, 2019

Hi,

I have an problem with how resharper reacts to scaling like in https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-141456#comment=27-2327776. Is there an solution for it?

Thanks in advance.

• Alexander Kurakin says:

May 16, 2019

@Ton, could you please provide more details about the issue you are talking about?

9. Kelby Hunt says:

May 25, 2019

My ALT+Enter Context menu does not work well anymore. I have cleared caches and deleted .suo file. Having the problem on every solution.

I used to be able to highlight a line, ALT+Enter and use actions like “Add braces” etc. The menu doesn’t even come up anymore. When I un-highlight the line, the menu pops up with the “Enter Action” window.

• Kelby Hunt says:

May 25, 2019

Another good example, I used to be able to highlight a line and do, “Surround Try/Catch” or “Surround Try/Catch/Finally”.

• Andrey Simukov says:

May 27, 2019

Please, try to reboot the computer.

• Kelby Hunt says:

May 31, 2019

Not seeing any difference unfortunately.

10. Matt Jensen says:

May 28, 2019

Unit test and Unit test sessions windows still not working for me.
    I am running Resharper 2019.1.1 on Visual Studio 16.2.0 preview 1.0
    It also didn’t work for Visual Studio 16.1.0 preview 2.0 and 3.0

11. Linus says:

May 28, 2019

Hello
    With R#2019.1.1 installed in VS 2017, my mstest integrationtests fail. I start them from Test Explorer. They did succeed with R#2018.3.3.
    The problem is that a simulator console-exe, that is started (with UseShellExecute = false) in [AssemblyInitialize], terminates with System.IO.IOException “The handle is invalid.” at first call to Console.WriteLine.
    When started with UseShellExecute = true, the simulator console-exe continues and tests succeed.
    Strange! What is R#2019.1.1 installer changing?

Thanks

12. Jerry Smith says:

May 28, 2019

Have encountered a bug in JetBrains Rider 2019.1.1: when you delete .js or .html file from project, file deletes, but csproj isn’t updated.

13. Fabio Ngo says:

May 31, 2019

please upvote this issue https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RIDER-25686

This issues is about Rider cannot recognize C# script in aspx files and those files will have full of error