ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1.1 and Rider 2019.1.1 hotfix updates are here!

Today we are publishing urgent hotfix releases for both the recent ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1 and Rider 2019.1 – please download and install ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1.1 and Rider 2019.1.1.

Both hotfix releases address the issue where unit tests were not being discovered/run or failed with the error message “The given key was not present in the dictionary” which resulted in broken code completion.

In addition to this, ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1.1 has a fix for the licensing issue where sometimes the error “We could not validate your license (license id) via JetBrains Account” would occur.

We are really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

This entry was posted in How-To's and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1.1 and Rider 2019.1.1 hotfix updates are here!

1. Jeff Chen says:

when will you have another post for performance improvement again ?

2. Tadeusz says:

Resharper version 2019.1.1 has a nasty error, in cshtml files, javascript like:
    var a={‘@nameof(Model.Title)’ : ‘Text of title’};
    generates an error for ‘@nameof(Model.Title)’ part (with cascading dependent problems), but the Resharper 2018.3.1 version works OK with such constructions.

3. Simone says:

Since version 2019.1 + Visual Studio 2019, the Unit Test Sessions window doesn’t work correctly: when I launch the tests, they get all marked as “Pending” and the UI doesn’t update any more, until all of the tests have been executed.

Also, the Stop Execution button doesn’t work.

4. MikeF says:

“Visual Studio stopped responding for 6 seconds. Disabling the extension ReSharper Ultimate 2019.1.1 191.0.20190501 might help.”

5. Tim says:

Does ReSharper 2019.1 work with vs 2013?

Thanks

6. Winfried Andreas says:

Since version 2019.1 I run in constant licensing problems.

Due to the way I develop plugins for standard business software, I am forced to use multiple virtual machines to maintain version specific erp development environments, each with a running resharper ultimate version.
    Those vm all run on the same physical host, I am the only dev guy sitting in front of that workstation.

Usually I run one vm at a time to get specific work done, but for maintenance reasons or when upgrading plugins between different erp versions, I happen to run several vm in parallel.
    This never was a problem in the past, but since version 2019.1 I seem to lose the license regularly. Resharper is then disabled, I have to reapply the license on the affected vm.
    When I later start VS on another box that previously was okay, suddenly that other instance lost the license.

This is quite i pita, and as said before, never happened in the predecessor versions.
    If this persists, it renders R# quite useless for me and my teammates.

Could you please clarify if this licensing behaviour is intended or if this is an ordinary bug to report?

7. Winfried Andreas says:

Hello Alexander,

I already followed the guidelines described in the KB on several machines, last time yesterday afternoon in a VM with a relatively fresh installation of vs 2019.

I uninstalled every jetbrains product (DG, WS and Rider were also present), cleaned the file system, the registry and reset/deleted my windows user profile. After reboot and reinstall of R# (no other jetbrains products yet installed), it seemed to work for a while.

Nevertheless I needed to start working on a different project in another VM (VS 2015 with R# 2019.1.1). After having completed here, I switched back to the other VM with the fresh install and faced the same licensing problem again (both VM are domain joined, I login with the same windows account).

Finally this happening was the trigger to write the post above.

Most important for me is to be sure that I am not doing anything “wrong” in terms of your licensing requirements, or that you have changed your licensing policies for R#2019 in way now inhibiting a usage scenario as the one described above.
    If this is just some kind of buggy scenario with unclear background, I would be not that worried as I am in the moment.

Thanks!

• Alexander Kurakin says:

@Winfried, got it. I’ve asked to this deeply and check if something has been changed in terms of licensing in the latest release. I am sorry for the inconveniences it caused.

8. Ton says:

Hi,

I have an problem with how resharper reacts to scaling like in https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-141456#comment=27-2327776. Is there an solution for it?

Thanks in advance.