Building an ASP.NET Core app from start to finish – Webinar Recording
The recording of our November 26 webinar, Building an ASP.NET Core app from start to finish with Rachel Appel, is now available. Subscribe to our community newsletter to receive notifications about future webinars.
Do you want to learn how to build a complete CRUD web application using the newest features in ASP.NET Core? In this session, you’ll learn how to construct an ASP.NET Core app from start to finish.
We’ll look at building an EF Core model and use it in Razor Pages with Tag Helpers. You’ll also learn how to create middleware, configure the app and its startup. Finally, we will wrap up with security and deployment.
- 0:01 – Introduction
- 7:00 – Overview of the template solution
- 11:29 – Adding models
- 15:18 – Adding NuGet packages for Entity Framework & scaffolding
- 19:28 – Adding database context
- 30:14 – Generating code and walking through Razor pages
- 45:22 – Database migrations
- 54:45 – Evolving the application and Tag Helpers
- 1:03:12 – Deploying from the IDE
- 1:07:43 – The database tool window
- A quick overview of ASP.NET Core with Rider
- Running Entity Framework (Core) commands in Rider
- Scaffolding/code generation uses dotnet-aspnet-codegenerator (more info here)
About the presenter:
Rachel works for JetBrains as a Developer Advocate. She has been in the business of creating software for over 25 years, as an author, mentor, and speaker at top industry conferences such as Microsoft’s //BUILD, Øredev, NetConf South America, SDD and others.
Follow her on Twitter.
Subscribe to our community newsletter to receive notifications about future webinars.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!