OSS Power-Ups: QuestPDF – Webinar Recording
The recording of our webinar, OSS Power-Ups: QuestPDF, with Marcin Ziąbek, is now available. This was the ninth episode of our OSS Power-Ups series, where we put a spotlight on open-source .NET projects. Subscribe to our community newsletter to receive notifications about future webinars.
In the .NET ecosystem, generating PDF documents was challenging for many years. Most available libraries are paid or suffer from stability problems. Many of them also rely upon HTML-to-PDF conversion, whereas webpage technologies are inadequate for paging-related requirements. QuestPDF approaches the problem from a different angle. It offers many predictable building blocks that are optimized to create page-aware content. They can be composed together to build complex layouts – all of it done with type-safe and discoverable fluent API. Marcin Ziąbek, the creator of this library, will present a typical development workflow in QuestPDF. Then, we will shortly discuss internal architecture, design decisions, and algorithms.
Learn how easy it is to generate PDF documents with modern utilities!
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:04:40 – Meet Marcin
- 0:15:30 – What is QuestPDF?
- 0:18:50 – Project Setup
- 0:19:45 – Creating Documents
- 0:23:57 – PDF Preview
- 0:24:20 – Creating Pages
- 0:33:10 – Enumerating and listing Data
- 0:40:05 – Debugging Areas (conditionally)
- 0:45:05 – Customizing Header and Footer
- 0:52:50 – Adding Images
- 0:57:55 – Using Placeholders for Prototyping
- 1:03:25 – Refactoring for better Organization and Reuse
- 1:13:24 – Creating Tables
- 1:31:40 – Questions & Answers
- 1:40:02 – Outro
About the presenter: