OSS Power-Ups: Serilog – Webinar Recording
The recording of our webinar, OSS Power-Ups: Serilog, with Nicholas Blumhardt, is available. This was the tenth episode of our OSS Power-Ups series, where we put a spotlight on open-source .NET projects. Subscribe to our community newsletter to receive notifications about future webinars.
So much more than “just another logging library,” Serilog turns application log data into a first-class event stream that can be efficiently routed, searched, and analyzed. Nicholas Blumhardt will walk through setting up Serilog in the modern .NET stack, and show us how Serilog changes the game when it comes to tracking down problems in production systems.
Everybody needs logging, so come and join!
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 2:45 – Hello Nicholas
- 7:42 – Introduction to Serilog and Structured Logging
- 17:51 – Reading and querying logs with Seq
- 26:23 – History of Serilog
- 35:10 – Contributors and Community
- 46:20 – Serilog in Action
- 50:20 – JSON Serialization
- 54:05 – Contextual Logging
- 55:09 – Logger Sinks – Expression Templates
- 1:05:30 – Enrichers
- 1:15:50 – Serilog Pipeline – Custom Enrichers and Sinks
- 1:31:30 – Structured Logging Plugin Contribution
- 1:37:30 – Closing Notes
About the presenter: