IntelliJ IDEA 2019.3 Hits Beta
IntelliJ IDEA 2019.3 Beta is available now! The major changes have been implemented, and we’re ready for you to try it out and share your opinions with us.
Our focus for this release has been performance and quality, although there have been some notable new features as well. We’ve covered a lot of things already in our EAP blog posts, but here are some of the highlights.
- Version control usability improvements
- Automatic configuration of imported Maven projects
- Search only selected area with Find Action
- Support for Gradle 4.6 annotationProcessor dependency configuration
- Ability to change plugins without having to restart
- Smooth mouse scrolling
- A whole bunch of usability improvements and bug fixes (too many to link to!)
- Improved Java 13 support – we had support, before Java 13 was released, in 2019.2. We’ve improved it further in 2019.3, keep an eye on this blog and on YouTube for more details.
- Spring Boot 2.2 support (don’t forget we have a new Spring Boot tutorial which uses version 2.2)
- MongoDB support
- Timeline for GitHub pull requests
- View field call hierarchy
- Support for Microservices frameworks (more details coming soon!)
This release also includes all the changes from Android Studio 3.5.
We’ve worked hard on this release with you, the developers, in mind. We’d love you to try out the Beta and we really want to hear any feedback you have, especially while there’s still time to add polish before the official release. You can leave feedback here in the comments, in our issue tracker, or on Twitter.
Keep an eye on this blog and the YouTube channel for our upcoming screencast on the features in 2019.3 which are most interesting to Java developers.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 EAP 2: All-in-One Diff Viewer, Run to Cursor Inlay Option, And MoreEarly Access Program
The second EAP build for IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 is now available. It introduces enhancements designed to streamline code reviews, simplify the debugging workflow, and accelerate the startup process for both Maven and Gradle projects.
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 EAP Is Open!
The IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Early Access Program kicks off today! Read this blog post to explore the new features you can test in the first EAP build.
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 Release Candidate Is Out
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 Release Candidate is now available! You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate. Please note that AI Assistant, which was p…
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 Goes Beta!
The Beta version of IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 is now available! You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. This build comes with all of the notable changes that were introduced throughout the Early Access Program and covered in our previou…