AppCode Beta update, we’re almost there

Eugene Toporov

We already can see the Final line for AppCode 1.0, or is it a Start line? Depends how you look at it. 🙂

Anyway, here’s an update for you to try. And an overview of what have we done since the Beta release:

• Startup speed improvement. You’ll no longer see the annoying ‘Building Index’ on every AppCode start. The index is stored on disk now.
  • The Groups support has been enhanced especially the handling of virtual groups.
  • We’ve added a new Xcode keymap. You can turn it ON in IDE Settings | Keymap section. Please let us know if we’ve missed anything.
  • New UI for “Generate” action and “Change Signature” refactoring.
  • Download AppCode Beta 2 from the official web site!
    Check out the list of fixed issues since the previous Beta build.

NOTES:
    1. If you still did not get your 50% discount for AppCode, your chances are getting lower every day hour! Do not miss it! Get it at jetbrains.com/objc.
    2. And if you are working on a screencast, there’s still time to submit it to get a FREE AppCode license and a chance to win an iPad! Check out the submitted AppCode videos.

Develop with pleasure!
    The AppCode team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

6 Responses to AppCode Beta update, we’re almost there

1. Anders Bech Mellson says:

September 29, 2011

Great work, looking forward to many hours with this.

2. PikachuEXE says:

September 29, 2011

Hey, I really have to say thank you!
      I really started my iPhone development right on time (with AppCode & iOS 5 just appear)

BTW, the jetbrainsTV (not sure if it is just the AppCode channel) is quite strange
      I can see a full list of videos yesterday ONLY
      At other days I can only see a few of latest videos (like now I can only see “Git integration in AppCode” in the AppCode channel)

• PikachuEXE says:

September 30, 2011

I observed that by clicking into the channel,
        all the video entries I can see are those posted today only!
        There is a default filter or it is a bug?

• Eugene Toporov says:

September 30, 2011

It’s a bug on the site…happens when ‘AppCode’ tag is assigned to a video located in AppCode channel. We’re working on it.
          I fixed the listing for the time being.
          Thanks for the notice!

3. Dallin Dyer says:

October 3, 2011

Just updated to the beta. Been using the early releases for a few months and have really been enjoying it. On this new build, what happened to the Mac OS X 10.5+ keymap?

Thanks,

Dallin

• Eugene Toporov says:

October 7, 2011

Dallin,
        The old ‘Mac OS X’ keymap is now named ‘Default’

-ET