PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP 172.3095

Posted on by Maxim Kolmakov

The new PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP build (172.3095.16) is now available! You can download it here or via JetBrains Toolbox App. Or, if you have the previous PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP build (172.2953.13) installed, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.

This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.

New formatting option: Spaces around null coalescing operator

We continue working on PHP 7 and formatter, this time we bring you a new option (Settings|Editor|Code Style|PHP|Spaces|Around Operators|Null coalesce operator). The null coalescing operator (??) appeared in PHP 7 returns its first operand if it exists and is not NULL; otherwise it returns its second operand.null_coalescing

Apart from new features, this build brings many bug fixes, including these:

• Mark as Plain text doesn’t work for External Libraries: WI-22649
  • Comment line action produces php code with errors if the line contains a string with PHP delimiter ?>: WI-9321

From the platform side the update brings:

• JSDoc: param’s types are missing in auto-generated JSDoc: WEB-17218
  • TypeScript: Improve a way to show type inference information (auto declaration) for variables and expressions: WEB-19686
  • JavaScript: Extra inspection ‘The value assigned is never used’ inside ‘if’ section: WEB-15524
  • JavaScript: Optimize imports should respect code style settings: WEB-25192

See the full list of bug-fixes and improvements in our issue tracker and the complete release notes.

Learn more about other new features in PhpStorm 2017.2:

Download PhpStorm 2017. 2 EAP 172.3095 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.

Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

10 Responses to PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP 172.3095

1. mgsmus says:

June 22, 2017

Thanks for the updates. I’m experiencing this strange issue, empty context menu in project sidebar: https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/949fe1361a8a85e05cad41740e680c51cda778aa0763382d6cc6c4672c5fe419.png

Re-opening project does solve the problem temporarily. I also had this problem on previous builds.

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
    120 GB SSD

• Maxim Kolmakov says:

June 22, 2017

Could you please try to disable all custom plugins (Preferences|Plugins|Custom) and if this doesn’t help contact our support team (Help|New Support Request)?

2. OmicroN says:

June 23, 2017

Is there an option somewhere to turn on to prompt the user when moving files in the Remote Host window, not from remote to local or anything like that just moving files around inside the remote host. What has happen to me a few times is going to expand a directory in the folder tree I guess maybe sometimes my finger will be pressed down a little to long and I move my mouse away to say go click open another directory and I’ll end up dragging the folder or files to another directory and there’s no prompt or anything, there’s not even a window that tells you what file or folder you dragged and to where; so all of a sudden a site is completely broken and I have to dig around in directories trying to figure out what was moved where which as you can imagine is a slight nightmare…

If no prompt is available or you guys wont add one at least expand on the text that’s displayed in the File Transfer window, Right now all it says is “[6/23/2017 12:40 PM] Move Remote Items completed in less than a minute: 1 item moved” which again doesn’t tell me what I moved or where I moved it. Thanks.

• AnalogueBubblebath says:

June 25, 2017

I don’t do much with remote files any more, but this does sound quite dangerous. I see prompts when just moving local files around, do you see those local ones? The prompt would obviously be much more important on remote files.

• OmicroN says:

June 26, 2017

I haven’t done much with phpStorm using local files but just tested local and yes that shows a prompt when moving a local file to another local location.

• Andriy Bazanov says:

June 25, 2017

Enable more detailed logging: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/phpstorm/options.html — “Operations logging”
      … or just allow drag-and-drop operations with “Alt” key pressed only (so no accidental moves), e.g. https://stackoverflow.com/a/44594758/783119

• OmicroN says:

June 26, 2017

Thank you very much for this info. I don’t know who in there right mind would want the remote host to function the way it does now and why something to prevent accidental moves isn’t in place from the get go. Obviously I’m not the only one who’s accidentally moved a folder or file in it.

• Maxim Kolmakov says:

June 26, 2017

Please vote for https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WI-36742

3. Geoff Kendall says:

July 20, 2017

This drag and drop functionality is dangerous, so should be an option you HAVE TO OPT IN to (and I’d advise everyone to avoid it!).