The new PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP build (172.3198.4) is now available! You can download it here or via JetBrains Toolbox App. Or, if you have the previous PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP build (172.3095.16) installed, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
PHP Language Level detection from composer.json
To simplify project configuration we’ve added a new feature to Composer integration. It detects required PHP from composer.json and set PHP Language Level accordingly in PhpStorm project. We support many formats like >=5.5.9,^5.6 || ^7.0 and~5.6|~7.0.
Extract constant refactoring allows choosing visibility level for PHP 7.1
Extract constant refactoring now allows you to use PHP 7.1 new feature – visibility level for constants. This can help you to make it more clear what is important and avoid exposing unnecessary constants. You can also define private magic numbers and bitmasks instead of public and thus achieve better encapsulation.
New inspection: Statement has empty block
In this build, we’ve implemented a new inspection – Statement has empty block (can be found at Settings|Editor|Inspections|PHP|Probable bugs). The inspection should help you to detect accidental semicolon after foreach, while or if statements as well as find empty statements that do nothing. There are a couple of options to fine-tune the inspection: Comments count as content and Ignore while loop without body.
Other features worth mentioning:
- Quick Fix “Remove unused parameter” now updates function calls
- Simplified PHP settings page
Learn more about other new features in PhpStorm 2017.2:
- PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP, 172.2103: Docker Compose, PSR-0/4 root detection from composer.json, automatic run of PHPUnit tests, unified settings for frameworks, field declared dynamically warning for fields assigned in constructor but not declared
- PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP, 172.2273: Reworked polymorphic types support($this, static, parent), $this highlighting, new formatting options, SSH-Agent support
- PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP, 172.2465: New Composer actions, formatting options for blank lines, unified Test Frameworks settings
- PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP, 172.2827: New UML actions, remove Composer dependency action, PHP extensions detection, return types in change signature
- PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP, 172.2953: Improved UI for PHP settings page
- PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP, 172.3095: Spaces around null coalescing operator option
Download PhpStorm 2017. 2 EAP 172.3198 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop