WebStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.3983: ESLint autofix, detecting TypeScript version
The new WebStorm 2016.3 EAP build (163.3983) is now available! You can download it here or, if you have the previous WebStorm 2016.3 EAP build (163.3512) installed, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update (unfortunately, there is no patch for Windows this time).
You can now run ESLint autofixing for the current file right from the editor. Hit Alt-Enter on the highlighted error reported by ESLint and select Fix current file with ESLint or run Fix ESLint Problems from the Find action dialog.
You can also see ESLint errors in the Inspect code tool window and apply fix from there.
Please note that ESLint provides autofixing only for some of the rules, mostly related to the code formatting.
Detecting TypeScript version
In the TypeScript projects WebStorm now automatically detects and uses TypeScript version installed in the project.
You can check which version is currently used or select another version in Preferences | Languages & Frameworks | TypeScript.
With a new Undo Commit… action in the VCS log you can, as the name suggest, undo a commit that is not yet pushed.
Test names in Go to symbol…
You can now navigate to a test by its name using Go to symbol… action (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-N on Windows and Linux and Alt-Cmd-O on OS X).
You can find a more detailed list of issues addressed in this EAP build in the Release notes.
Learn more about other new features in WebStorm 2016.3:
- WebStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.3094: Integration with Flow; PostCSS support; Smarter Rename for TypeScript; More features in Angular CLI integration; Grouped generated files in the Project view; Option to generate an .editorconfig file; Code style option for arrow functions.
- WebStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.3512: Integration with Docker for Node.js apps; Bundled Fira Code font; San Francisco font is default on OS X; Flow tool window with file and project errors.
- WebStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.4396: Create new React apps with Create React App from the Welcome screen; Improvements in Angular 2 support.
- WebStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.4830: Integration with Stylelint; Find usages for ES6 default exports; Updates Angular 2 live templates; New inspection “TypeScript import can be shortened”.
- WebStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.5219: Better support for ES6 object destructuring.
Please report your feedback to our issue tracker. To get notifications of new EAP builds as they become available, subscribe to the EAP channel in Preferences | Appearance & Behavior | System Settings | Updates.
– JetBrains WebStorm Team