YouTrack Celebrates Its First Birthday By Opening Energy EAP
It’s been a year since the first YouTrack version was released! We would like to celebrate YouTrack’s birthday by opening a new Early Access Program and your feedback would be the most valuable Birthday present for us! We are happy to invite you to download and evaluate Energy EAP builds to get the presents just in time!
Please use the following to tell us about your experience with the latest YouTrack builds:
- Report bugs and feature requests to our bug tracker.
- Rate individual EAP builds right on the YouTrack EAP Builds page.
- Communicate with us via the YouTrack community forum.
Please keep in mind that EAP builds may cause quality concerns, but we are performing extensive pre-testing of the new functionality as well as regression testing for all EAP builds to make sure that only the most stable builds are provided to you.
Important! Please do not use EAP builds in your primary production environment because YouTrack 2.x database is not forward-compatible with YouTrack Energy database. This means that if you’re not satisfied with the quality of Energy builds, you will not be able to revert to YouTrack 2.x other than by rolling back to a pre-upgrade backup of your database and losing your progress along the way.
Here is a list of the most important features you can get right now with the first Energy build:
- New types of the custom attributes. We keep inching closer to our goal of converting all predefined fields to customizable ones. The following custom attribute types are already available: Build, Group, and Version. New custom attribute types are currently available along with predefined ones of the same type.
- Add watcher. Good news! Now you can at any time add users to the list of watchers or remove watchers from the list. This helps prevent duplicate issues and keep everyone involved aware of any changes made.
- Applying commands from VCS commit comments. Now you can type a command right in the commit comment, and this command will be applied to the issue. For example, should you commit files with a comment like #JT-1787 fixed tag to be documented, issue JT-1787 will be closed and tagged as “to be documented”.
- OpenSearch support. Type your search query right in the address bar in Google Chrome or in the search bar in other browsers and navigate straight to your search results! This feature is available in all browsers that support the OpenSearch technology: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome.
- Mobile browsers support. Full Issue Screen view and Login page are optimized for mobile platforms, and the commands are applicable from the issue menu.
- The first Energy build also includes a number of search syntax and commands improvements, as well as the usability and administration enhancements. Please, check the full issues list included with the initial EAP build. Download and enjoy the new YouTrack, full of Energy!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
YouTrack Now With Improved Knowledge Base Collaboration
The YouTrack 2023.2 release brings powerful updates to article collaboration in the Knowledge Base, improves the experience of both support teams and customers within helpdesk projects, adds Turkish language support, and supercharges YouTrack’s performance for everyone working with tasks.
Helpdesk Projects Arrive in YouTrack
YouTrack 2023.1 introduces YouTrack Helpdesk, which enables you to streamline your customer support services for both external and internal clients.
YouTrack Now With More Powerful Time Tracking
YouTrack 2022.2 comes with an incredible set of enhancements for your time tracking routines.