YouTrack 2017 Roadmap Retrospective
Last year, we published a Roadmap for 2017 and we are happy to share the results with you.
First, we’ve fully switched to continuous delivery and enabled experimental features functionality. This approach let us to get your feedback before the features were fully released and helped us improve those features before they went public.
Here is the list of features from the roadmap that were released in 2017.
We completely redesigned the user profile page. Now you can manage your general settings, notification preferences, tags, and saved searches all in one place.
With this feature, you can assign issues to the ongoing sprint and filter for issues that are assigned to the current sprint when you create reports, search for issues, and use commands on the board.
Full Page View
We had an ambitious list of enhancements for full page view on the roadmap for 2017. While we didn’t deliver all of them, we made a lot of progress. Many of the features that will be supported when the next version of this view is released have already been made available.
- Downloading attachments as a ZIP archive — this functionality is already available when you open an issue in view mode on an agile board.
- Activity Stream — released as an experimental feature. When enabled, all changes that are applied to an issue are displayed as a single feed with filters that let you select which types of changes are displayed.
- Markdown Support — released as an experimental feature in YouTrack 2017.4. When enabled, you can format text in issue descriptions, comments, and work items in Markdown syntax. This feature will become public in 2018.
We made several improvements to YouTrack Mobile app, adding support for votes and stars.
These were the features that we published in the roadmap and delivered in 2017, but that’s not all we worked on last year. Other major improvements we released last year include:
- Project-based swimlanes
- Improved Kanban support
- Personal board template
- Estimation reports
- Sort by relevance in search results
- Date and time custom fields
- Muted notifications
- Text indexing for issue fields
- Shared mailbox support
- Advanced visibility options
- Time report improvements
- Zendesk integration improvements
- Japanese localization
- Credentials management
- Search by time tracking
- Permanent tokens
- Updated UI for permissions
- New OAuth 2.0 authentication modules
- Dashboard improvements
- Authentication throttling
- Redefined project teams
Thank you for your feedback, it really helped us to make YouTrack better. To get the latest updates, subscribe to our blog and follow us on Twitter.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Helpdesk Projects Arrive in YouTrack
YouTrack 2023.1 introduces YouTrack Helpdesk, which enables you to streamline your customer support services for both external and internal clients.
YouTrack Roadmap 2023
Our product commitment and aspirations. What we’re working on. Broad goals for 2023 and beyond
Watch the “YouTrack Project Management: Essentials for Getting Started” Online Demo
You’ll get an overview of how to manage your tasks and projects easily, work with your team’s Agile boards, use powerful time tracking, create Gantt charts effectively, and see what’s going on with reports and dashboards.