Introducing Per Usage Pricing Model for YouTrack InCloud
Coming into effect Autumn 2018, we are moving to a new per-usage pricing model for YouTrack InCloud, which also introduces a free plan with private projects. You will pay only for the user accounts you have each month. The new pricing model also introduces a new free plan which now includes private projects.
Why the Change
Thousands of our customers for a long time have been using our cloud version YouTrack with subscription based on plans limited by a certain number of users and storage. But we listened to their feedback and saw the following drawbacks of the model:
- The average price per user can shift within a single plan depending on the actual number of users you have. For example, if you have 26 users the average price per user is $6 but if you have 50 users, the price decreases to $3 per user.
- When you outgrow your current plan, switching to a bigger plan causes a hike in price, which often requires additional budget planning.
- The Free plan with public projects in many cases prevents the use of YouTrack for commercial projects; as they require keeping the data private.
We believe this new model is much simpler and easier to understand. You only pay for what you use. It allows better budget planning and overall it provides everyone with a more flexible model; be these small-to-medium sized teams or large corporations. The lower entry costs also make adoption easier.
Per Usage Pricing Model Benefits
To cut a long story short, let us summarize the benefits of the new pricing model:
- Fair Billing — allows you to pay for the exact number of user accounts.
- Smooth growth — add a single user without a rapid price increase.
- The free plan includes private projects — full-featured issue tracker for small teams.
- Smooth transition from the free plan to a commercial plan, adding one user at a time.
- The average price per user decreases as you grow.
We will still keep supporting the current plans for existing customers. You will be able to prolong your subscription for your current plan as long as you wish, but you won’t be able to upgrade your current plan to increase the number of users with one of the old plans. You are welcome to switch to the new pricing model at any time. As an additional benefit, you get 3 months for free when you switch to an annual subscription.
If you’ve outgrown your current plan, you will benefit from switching to the new model, as your transition will be much smoother and it won’t cause the price to increase rapidly. You’ll be able to add user by user, as you need them.