DataGrip 1.0.2 Update is Released

Hi! We are glad to introduce you a new DataGrip update. Please take a look at the most notable changes it brings.

This January PostgreSQL 9.5 was released, and DataGrip now supports syntax highlighting and completion for its new features:
postgres

Сustom types in SQL Server (alias types and table types)  are now introspected and available for completion:
Custom types

Table and column comments can now be modified and created from UI:
Comments

We’ve also added a possibility to truncate multiple tables at once:

truncate

To update your copy of DatGrip, use the Check for Update menu command, or download the latest DataGrip 1.0.2 setup from our website.

Please check the release notes for the complete list of changes.

We appreciate your feedback on changes in our forum and your bug reports is our issue tracker.

The DataGrip team
_
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

This entry was posted in Minor updates and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to DataGrip 1.0.2 Update is Released

1. Tk Thunder says:

Maksim,

Long time SQL user, switched to a mac three years ago. I have been searching for a DB tool since then. It should not be just for DB management but also suited for analytics as well for MS SQL.

After my experience with YouTrack and TeamCity, which we use as a team, I decided to jump into 0xDBA EAP. I have been testing this tool for a long time and submitting bugs/feature for at least six months.

When I first heard about the first release, I was really excited until I downloaded and saw that most of the functionality that is required for day-to-day tasks where still missing for power users like me. I also send a detailed response in a survey.
    Today 1.0.2 is released, and I still couldn’t make the full switch from Toad. I know you are rigorously working on the improvements, but I waste a lot of time trying make the tool work. My current trial is ending sometime next month. I will think about it when it expires :)

• Maksim Sobolevskiy says:

Hello!
      Thank you for collaboration and reporting bugs to our issue tracker. We know that there is a lot of work to be done.
      So, we appreciate you as a loyal user, and we have sent you a free one-year subscription to DataGrip with the compliments from JetBrains. Please, check your e-mail.

Your feedback is always welcomed!

2. Robert L. says:

Hi, will be soon possible to change the timezone automatically when using PostgreSQL ? By default, JDBC use the computer locale, rather than UTC by example. And i assume you open a new connection per openned tab, is not possible to run SET TIMEZONE=’UTC’ on row listing tab and I dont find how to tel JDBC to use user.timezone=UTC (only for a specific connection, not for all the application)

• Alexander says:

You can go to “Data Sources and Drivers” -> your data source -> “Advanced” tab -> “VM options” -> type “-Duser.timezone=UTC”

3. bitcall.org says:

Table and column comments can now be modified and created from UI

Not work.
    comment on column T_CRM_BUSINESSCUSTOMER.fname_l2
    is ‘aaa’;
    can be found on plsql, but not on datagrip.
    It is also to hard to open one talbe from its name: I have to click one of the tables list which I want. In PLsql, it just left click+ctrl the name!

• Maksim Sobolevskiy says:

To see the table data:
      — Ctrl+Click → F4
      or
      — Ctrl+N → Typ the table name.

About comments: is it still actual?