DataGrip 2022.1 EAP 3
Hi! A new EAP build for DataGrip 2022.1 is now available. Let’s see what’s new:
New version of Modify Table
We are slightly reworking the Modify Table window. The new version will have a fully generated UI based on introspective properties, which will allow it to have a variety of database-specific parameters.
For now we are releasing only a small portion of the update, but it can already be uniquely useful. The new Modify Table window lets you add and edit column check constraints, which was previously impossible! Also, you can now edit all the properties of tables and columns DataGrip knows about.
We think you will particularly appreciate the new UI for columns because there is no collapsing or expanding, which many users found annoying.
The structure of the preferences settings for the Database section hasn’t changed since the first version of DataGrip. We decided it was time to improve the section’s usability by updating the structure. Here’s what we’ve come up with:
The Track databases/schemas creation and deletion setting has been moved from the General section. This setting identifies whether the schema list needs to be updated after you create or delete schemas in the query console.
There will be one tiny inconvenience. These settings will be reset to default values:
- Data Source properties | Track databases/schemas creation and deletion – True.
- Database | Database Editor and Viewer | Sort tables by numeric primary key – False.
- Database | Other | Show database refactoring preview – True.
- Editor | General | Editor Tabs | Database | Always show qualified names for database objects in tab titles – False.
- Editor | General | Editor Tabs | Database | Shorten datasource and object names in tab titles – True.
We’ve fixed some problems related to the date picker:
- DBE-8561: Clicking outside the date picker no longer loses the changes.
- DBE-9632: The Enter key works for saving the value in the date picker.
- DBE-11706: The Tab key is now supported in the date picker.
We’ve also addressed a number of issues regarding code highlighting:
- DBE-11683: [PostgreSQL]: Added support for ROWS FROM syntax.
- DBE-11868: [PostgreSQL]: Fixed a problem resulting in unresolved common table expressions.
- DBE-11830: [Oracle] Added support for USING INDEX ENABLE syntax.
- DBE-6548: [Oracle] Fixed column resolve in CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG statements.
- DBE-15095: [Snowflake] Added support for the WITH TAG option in the CREATE STAGE statement.
- DBE-14793: [Snowflake]: Added support for the EXECUTE statement.
Database diff viewer
- DBE-15063: The new smart algorithm for string comparison solved the problem where keyword casing was respected in the diff window.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
DataGrip 2023.2 EAP 2: Redis Cluster, New Schema Migration Dialog and More
Hello, DataGrip community! The second Early Access Program version for DataGrip 2023.2 is here. If you want to try the new features before the official release, this post is for you! Support for Redis Clusters Now you can connect to Redis Clusters and have the same feature set as with standalo…
DataGrip 2023.2 EAP is Open!
Hello! We are starting our EAP (Early Access Program) for 2023.2 and, as usual, we're inviting you to try the latest features and improvements we’re adding to DataGrip ahead of the official release. Let's look at what's inside the first EAP build. New UI The new UI is now enabled by d…
DataGrip 2023.1 EAP 3
DataGrip 2023.1 EAP 3 is out! Here are the new fixes in this version: Introspection Switch the introspection level to Level 1, where DataGrip introspects only the names and types of objects. On introspection Level 1, you can click Refresh selected object to edit a specific object or…
DataGrip 2023.1 EAP 2
We're continuing our release cycle dedicated to product quality. However, no new features will be introduced in the upcoming release. Here's the list of improvements and fixes you can already try in this EAP build: DBE-16238: Errors no longer appear while saving a diagram. DBE-17229: …