ReSharper 9 is Released along with dotTrace 6, dotCover 3, dotMemory 4.2 and dotPeek 1.3
Great news from the .NET tools development team here at JetBrains: ReSharper 9.0, dotCover 3.0, dotTrace 6.0, dotMemory 4.2 and dotPeek 1.3 are all released and available for download!
As all JetBrains .NET tools now use a single installer, you can download ReSharper 9 and choose to install only ReSharper or more of our .NET tools.
Highlights of ReSharper 9.0 RTM include:
- Support for Visual Studio 2015 Preview while preserving compatibility with Visual Studio 2010, 2012 and 2013. Support for VS 2005 and 2008 has been discontinued, as described before.
- Support for C# 6.0. Although the final C# 6.0 language design is not yet clear enough, ReSharper 9.0 already provides support for most of what is defined. New code suggestions help migrate your existing code to more concise C# 6.0 language constructs such as the conditional access operator (
?.) and the long-awaited get-only auto-properties. You can get rid of curly braces with expression-bodied members, implement better DSLs using static support, play with exception filters and dictionary initializers. Please check this post for more details on C# 6.0 support.
- New navigation features including Go to Action to search for a particular action using the legendary Alt+Enter shortcut and Navigate to Exposing APIs option for finding all the methods that are capable of returning a particular type.
- Regular Expressions support with code completion for wildcards and regular expression groups, error highlighting, quick-fixes and a separate Regular Expression Validation Utility. Blog post about Regular Expressions support in ReSharper 9.0.
- Fix in Scope improvements to remove redundant qualifiers, fix naming or remove regions in the scope of the whole solution. ReSharper 9.0 can look through the code in your solution and generate the appropriate imports for all the types including extension methods.
- Type Dependencies Diagram that looks cute and helps finding out what code depends on a particular type, and what the type itself depends on.
ReSharper C++ has not reached the release yet, the EAP goes on. Stay tuned for further updates!
Updates to other .NET tools
We’re also rolling out substantial updates across the whole family of JetBrains tools for .NET professionals:
- dotTrace 6.0 introduces a completely new Timeline profiling mode for collecting temporal call stack and thread state data, refines the starting point of the profiling process with dotTrace Home view, adds more flexibility to subsystems, and supports Visual Studio 2015 Preview.
- dotCover 3.0 supports remote code coverage, gets a restyled coverage configuration dialog, a new coverage controller and support for ReSharper 9 and Visual Studio 2015 Preview.
- dotMemory 4.2 learns to live on a shared platform with the other .NET tools, and therefore receives Visual Studio 2015 Preview support as well.
- dotPeek 1.3 borrows a set of actions introduced in ReSharper 9, and integrates its symbol server with ReSharper’s navigation to external sources, which basically allows setting break points in third-party code that you navigate to using ReSharper.
All JetBrains tools for .NET professionals now operate on a shared platform which means less consumption of resources when running them at the same time in Visual Studio.
Moreover, with the new ReSharper Ultimate license you can now use all of them at affordable price that includes 1 year of free upgrade subscription.
What’s new: Live sessions
If you’re interested to learn more about the new releases, read all blog posts about ReSharper 9 (there’s more of them to come soon), or register for our free webinars:
December, 11, 2014: What’s New in ReSharper 9. Two sessions are available for you to choose from:
- Session optimized for Europe (11:00 AM – 12:00 PM CET)
- Session optimized for Americas (11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT)
- December, 16: What’s New in dotTrace 6.0. Single session, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM GMT.
Whatever anyone can say, the best way to learn more about these updates to JetBrains .NET tools is to download a trial and test it in action!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!