ReSharper Ultimate 2017.2 is released
Please welcome ReSharper Ultimate 2017.2 RTM: this year’s second major update to a set of JetBrains .NET tools that includes ReSharper, ReSharper C++, dotCover, dotTrace, dotMemory, and dotPeek.
Highlights of ReSharper 2017.2 include:
- Support for .NET Core 2.0 in Visual Studio 2017 15.3. Your favorite code inspections, navigation actions and refactorings are now available in .NET Core 2.0 projects, including the new ASP.NET Core Razor Pages projects. Lots of .NET Core unit testing issues have been resolved along the way, and you can now run xUnit.net, NUnit or MSTest in your .NET Core 2.0 projects.
- Improved support for C# 7.0 including pattern matching and out variables, as well as initial
support for C# 7.1: the default literal, tuple projection initializers, async main and pattern matching with generics.
- New code inspections around IEnumerable usage and XML documentation inheritance.
- Null checking preferences that let you tell ReSharper how you want it to introduce null checks when it generates code.
- Multiple navigation improvements, including search in any order, exact search, textual search in Go to Everything, and navigating to nearby files.
- Interactive tutorials to help you get started with ReSharper’s functionality or get up to speed with features in new ReSharper releases.
Other ReSharper Ultimate products have received their share of improvements as well:
- ReSharper C++ 2017.2 is mostly focused on better language understanding and supporting features from C++11 and C++17. Other changes include enhancements in code formatter and navigation, improved performance, new code inspections and quick-fixes.
- dotCover 2017.2 improves code coverage performance, starts to support MSTest unit tests in .NET Core applications, and introduces a new kind of markers for coverage and test status indication.
- dotTrace 2017.2 enables profiling child processes in unit tests, introduces Timeline profiling from the command line, and learns to show navigation paths in the Call Tree view.
- dotMemory 2017.2 enables importing raw Windows memory dumps and analyzing them using its full range of features.
- dotPeek 2017.2 supports SourceLink and extends its feature set in terms of navigation and search.
An active subscription to ReSharper, ReSharper Ultimate, ReSharper Ultimate + Rider or All Products pack makes you immediately eligible for this update. If you need to renew your subscription, discuss licensing or receive a formal quote, please get in touch with JetBrains sales anytime.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Another Look into the Future with Rider’s Predictive Debugger
In the 2023.2 release cycle, we’ve introduced the Predictive Debugger in ReSharper, which gives you predictions about code paths and variables beyond the current execution pointer. We’ve written extensively about its advantages compared to alternative debugging strategies like thorough thinking, log…
Visualize Entity Framework Relationships and Additional Query Analysis in ReSharper 2023.3
A lot of teams are using Entity Framework or EF Core to work with their database. As an Object-Relational Mapper (ORM), it bridges objects in code to a relational database model, so that as a developer you don’t have to worry too much about the actual database. We all know: that’s not entirely tr…
Automatically Analyze ASP.NET Core Performance With Dynamic Program Analysis
Slow web pages may make your users or customers abandon your web application, even before they’ve had a proper look at it. You’ve likely also been frustrated working with a web application that is slow to load. The good news is that the latest versions of ReSharper and JetBrains Rider’s Dynamic P…
OSS Power-Ups: MassTransit – Webinar Recording
The recording of our webinar, OSS Power-Ups: MassTransit, with Chris Patterson, is available. This was the thirteenth episode of our OSS Power-Ups series, where we put a spotlight on open-source .NET projects. Subscribe to our community newsletter to receive notifications about future webinars.…