Blazor Best Practices Borrowed From ReactJS – Webinar Recording
The recording for Blazor Best Practices Borrowed From ReactJS, with Principal Consultant at Accenture, Brandon Pugh is now available on JetBrainsTV.
Blazor took a lot of design decisions from React and other frontend frameworks and as a stateful component-based UI framework there is quite a bit of experience that can be transferred from one to the other.
With any new technology, there is going to be a learning period as we experiment and gain experience and learn from mistakes made. After having deployed production Blazor apps for two different clients, I realized I was able to avoid some costly mistakes and design decisions early on by leveraging my prior experience with React and other frontend frameworks. Now I want to pass that knowledge on to you.
In this talk, I’ll share some Blazor best practices as well as common pitfalls to avoid and lessons learned from over 7 years of working with stateful component-based frameworks.
- How to decide where different bits of state should live
- Error handling with Error Boundaries
- Tips for designing reusable components
- When is it appropriate to refactor markup into a reusable component
- Tips for designing testable components
- Handling cross-cutting concerns
- 0:00:00 – Introduction
- 0:01:40 – Brandon Pugh
- 0:02:16 – Presentation Start
- 0:06:00 – State Management
- 0:21:55 – Reusable Components
- 0:26:07 – Accessibility
- 0:31:58 – Third-party Libraries
- 0:37:57 – Render Fragments
- 0:49:38 – Testing Resources
- 0:52:55 – Questions/Answers
- 1:11:56 – Outro
- Presentation Slides – http://pugh.pw/blazor-talk
- Playwright Dev – https://playwright.dev
- MudBlazor – https://www.mudblazor.com/
- Testing Playground – https://testing-playground.com/
About the presenter:
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!