GoLand 2018.3 EAP 2 is available for download.
By the way, you don’t have to wait for the official EAP announcements to try new features. After the Early Access Program is open, you can play with Nightly Builds that include all the latest developments.
Generate Constructor intention action
This new intention action helps generate functions for creating values of the struct type.
Project dependency diagrams
If you want to get a picture of the project model and the relationships between its components, this diagram is here to help!
You can use these diagrams in several ways, the most interesting of which is easy visualization and exploring of Go modules dependencies in your project. Simply press ⌥⇧⌘U on macOS or Ctrl+Shift+Alt+U on Windows/Linux on go.mod file, or select Diagrams | Show Diagram in its context menu. The diagram will open in a separate workspace tab.
And, of course, now GoLand displays the structure of databases and tables. Columns with primary and foreign keys can be hidden from the diagram and displayed only on relationship lines.
If necessary, diagrams can be saved on to files or printed right from the IDE.
Go templates (html/template) now resolve variables and field chains, as well as provide code completion and the Rename refactoring.
Multiline todo comments for Go
We’ve added support for the new High-Contrast Theme, which can be accessed using the drop-down list from the theme options under Settings | Appearance & Behavior or via the Ctrl+` shortcut.
Better support for screen readers
In a related effort to make GoLand more accessible to everyone, we’ve made the line numbers, VCS annotations, breakpoints, and other gutter icons accessible to screen readers. Please follow the instructions in our docs to enable this support.
Use the following actions to use the new functionality:
- Use the Alt+Shift+G+F key combination to focus on the gutter. The right and left arrow keys let you move between the lines and gutter elements.
- Press Alt+Shift+G+T for the screen reader to read a tooltip on the icon.
- To get back to the editor, press Esc.
Support for TypeScript 3.1
TypeScript 3.1 has been released, and GoLand now supports its new features: mappable tuple and array types, and new property assignments. In addition, GoLand bundles TypeScript version 3.1, so you can select it in Settings | Languages and Frameworks | TypeScript.
Convert function to variable holding arrow function
The Convert to function expression intention action lets you easily convert a function to a variable that holds an arrow function.
Inspection Object is null or undefined notifies you when you get a TypeError because a method is invoked on a value that is undefined or null, or it is passed to a function, or its property is used.
Databases and SQL support
Thanks to our colleagues from the DataGrip team, code completion in this area gets noticeably better:
- When you use the GROUP BY statement, GoLand offers you a list of non-aggregated fields.
- A list of all columns is available for completion after the SELECT keyword.
- We also added this list to the MERGE statement and now it works with INSERT INTO when using table variables.
- Completion now works well for named parameters.
- In the case of ambiguous names, GoLand displays their context information to help you distinguish one from another.
- Added a set of new Postfix Completion templates for SQL: Settings | Editor | General | Postfix Completion.
GoLand will warn you if you use the DELETE or UPDATE statement without WHERE clause.
That’s all! Give this EAP build a try: either download from the website, or via Toolbox App, or right from the IDE. Also, don’t hesitate to share your feedback with us: here in comments, in our Twitter, or our bug tracker.