Webinar: Fireside Chat with the Delve team
Debugging is an essential tool for locating bugs, identifying problematic code, and isolating the source of problems step-by-step. Go has an open-source debugger called Delve built especially for the language. Delve is already a 7-year old mature project, used for most popular IDEs and code editors under the hood, and GoLand is no exception.
Behind any project are people who have a passion to make coding a productive and enjoyable experience. On the 24th of June at 4:00 pm CEST we invite you to join us at the webinar with the creators of Delve, Derek Parker and Allessandro Arzilli.
What to expect?
- We will take a look at the story of the project, discuss how Delve became an official Go debugger, and discuss which difficulties the team faced during the journey.
- We will discuss the evolution of the language and its upcoming changes, how new Go versions affect the debugger, and how the team manages them, with particular attention to upcoming generics-related changes from Go 1.18 and register-based changes from Go 1.17.
- How the ARM64 came to be, how to port the debugger to other platforms, such as ARM32, and what it takes to contribute to the project.
- The migration of the project to TeamCity Cloud (a tool
which helpsbuild software faster) for the CI pipeline.
- Our guests’ favorite features, such as record and replay debugging and call injections.
Interested? Save your seat and prepare questions – we will handle them during the webinar. Submit your questions before the webinar by tweeting to us @GoLandIDE or take part in the stream and pose them to our guests live.
The webinar will be held by Florin Pățan, a Developer Advocate at JetBrains for GoLand and the author of many articles in our blog. Florin has been a gopher for a few years, has built many high-performance distributed projects, and now helps other gophers worldwide.
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our Community Newsletter to keep updated about future webinars.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Webinar: “New UI for Your IDE: A Glimpse Into the Future”
Join us Monday, October 31, at 5:00 pm UTC (check other timezones) for our live webinar, New UI for Your IDE: A Glimpse Into the Future with JetBrains Developer Advocates. This webinar features GoLand, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, and WebStorm. Please note that the new UI is a work in progress. REGI…
Video Recording and Q&A of Let’s Talk About You and GoLand Webinar
Last week we held the Let’s Talk About You and GoLand webinar. We talked about advanced debugging features, refactoring essentials, and the top editing features that GoLand has to offer. The webinar was presented by Florin Pățan, author of many GoLand blog posts and a frequent webinar…
What’s New in GoLand 2021.2 Webinar Recording
Last week we held the What’s New in GoLand 2021.2 webinar, where you could see all of the new GoLand features in action. GoLand 2021.2 was released three weeks ago with new features for Go modules, such as the ability to load go.mod changes manually and download unused dependencies. This…
Webinar Recording of Our Fireside Chat with the Delve Team
Last week we held a webinar with the Delve team, which works on the open-source Go debugger that was created in 2014 by Derek Parker and now powers most Go IDEs and editors. We had a cosy one-hour chat with Derek Parker and Alessandro Arzilli (a long-time contributor and influential figure for th…