The new PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build (171.3691) is now available! You can download it here or via JetBrains Toolbox App. Or, if you have the previous PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build (171.3566) installed, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
Drag’n’Drop to/from Remote Host copies files instead of moving
In this build, we’ve fixed one of the major pain-points, which stayed in the IDE for a long time. Now PhpStorm behaves like all other tools for deployment: when you are dragging files or folders from a remote host to a project or vice versa, they are copied instead of moving. Dragging files/folders within Remote Host or Project panel moves them as before.
Rename namespace/folder follows PSR-0 rules
Now if you use Rename Refactoring for a directory in PSR-0 root, it also changes the namespace where your class is located. It also works the opposite way, if you rename a namespace, the folder is renamed as well.
Apart from new features, this build brings many bug fixes, including these:
Learn more about other new features in PhpStorm 2017.1:
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.1834: New code highlights, parameter hint for method and function calls, new quick-fix for undefined variables, support for emoji in the editor
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2014: Fixes of reparse errors for alternative syntax, switch statement and namespace names; current scope highlighting for alternative syntax, more
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2152: Blank lines before namespace code style setting, align assignment now affects shorthand operators, “Download from…” option in deployment
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2272: Regexes support in Copyright Plugin, new Code Style options (Place ‘()’ for constructor, Convert else if/elseif to)
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2455: Support of PHP 7 Uniform Variable Syntax, auto-import of functions and constants, auto-import from the global namespace, more
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2613: Support of Blade @component and @slot directive document structure, grouping of user-defined constants in Debugger
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2822: Support PHPDoc in Blade injections, Recognition of PHP class names in strings
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.3019: Support of Codeception, Configurable spaces inside declare statements, Support of PHPUnit 6, and more
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP 171.3224: Improvements in PHP Debug, Auto-import and FQN inspection
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP 171.3566: IP for Zend Debugger, new Find In Path, highlighting of current editor tab
Download PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build 171.3691 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop