ReSharper Ultimate 2016.3 Release Candidate
The new release is now so close, you can almost taste it: please download ReSharper Ultimate 2016.3 Release Candidate.
If you have watched the progress of Early Access Program but were hesitant to try the early builds in your production environment, Release Candidate is just the right build to test-drive 2016.3 in your daily work. Please do download the RC and let us know if there are any critical issues compared to the latest released version, 2016.2.2.
Here’s a quick recap of changes introduced in 2016.3:
- All ReSharper Ultimate tools can now work with Visual Studio 2017 RC (still not supported: lightweight solution load; .NET Core unit testing targeting .NET Core 1.1+)
- ReSharper C++ starts to support the Catch unit testing framework and improves its Boost.Test runner; adds refactorings to introduce or inline typedefs; improves Quick Documentation and Quick Info controls; adopts the idea of postfix completion and postfix templates from the mainline ReSharper.
- dotCover, dotTrace and dotMemory level up support for .NET Core profiling and coverage.
- dotCover introduces a more compact way to highlight coverage status in Visual Studio code editors, which is very relevant for Continuous Testing.
- dotTrace adds multiple improvements to its Timeline Viewer.
- dotPeek reveals a variety of metadata in its Assembly Explorer.
- dotMemory extends its set of automatic memory inspections.
Please download the Release Candidate, and do voice your concerns if something goes wrong as you’re using it.