Rider Gets Even Better in 2019.1.2

Say hello to Rider 2019.1.2 and its 80+ fixed bugs and improvements!

RD20191-splash

The list below collects all notable fixes/changes:

• Applying Roslyn quick-fixes works again.
  • Running Full Code Cleanup does not crash a dotnet process anymore.
  • Several changes in Windows Forms designer: the designer can be disabled, relative paths are supported in Resource Files.
  • Lots of fixes in Unity support: no more unresolved event handlers which come from Unity scenes and prefabs; no more running SWEA for scene, prefab, and asset files if “Parse text based assets…” checkbox is disabled; and Rider uses its own unity package to be integrated to Unity Editor 2019.2+.
  • A bunch of fixes in Unit Testing, along with Microsoft Fakes support – finally.

To get Rider 2019.1.2, choose one of these possible options:

• Download and install from www.jetbrains.com.
  • Use our Toolbox App.
  • Update right inside Rider: select Help | Check for updates.
  • Use this snap package from the SnapCraft store, but only if you are using a compatible Linux distro.
This entry was posted in How-To's and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Rider Gets Even Better in 2019.1.2

1. Anonim says:

Are performance problems on Xamarin projects fixed?

2. Denys Ivanov says:

Guys,

Just switched to Rider from VS + Resharper.
    I LOOOOOVE the product but really not appreciate the slowness and some freezing experience.

//C# .Net Core 2.2

Could you address it? :) !

• Alexandra Hepworth says:

Eh? In what universe is Rider slower than VS+ReSharper?

ReSharper is a great product but it’s biggest flaw is that it slows VS down to a crawl, whereas with Rider everything is dead quick :S

Does your system have enough memory?

• Hypeartist says:

On my Core i5 with 8Gb (Win10) Rider is just as slow as VS2019+RS combo. Even on rather simple solutions. So I still see no possibility to use neither Rider nor RS. Too bad.

• Ilya says:

This is rather strange. Atm I have core i7 with 16Gb RAM. Working on 2 solutions at the same time: one with 33 projects, another one with 85 projects (mixed netcore and net472) and everything works lightning fast. Only up 12gb ram utilized (with firefox and other stuff like mssql working in the background). Opening the same with VS+RS instead hangs system pretty hard.

Maybe your system indeed doesn’t have enough RAM and using swap file heavily?

• Hypeartist says:

I guess I should take my words back. I have installed Rider 2019.1.2 and it’s surprisingly fast and responsive (1 solution of 11 projects + MSSQL session)! I am really really impressed! Well done, JetBrains!

• Nicholas Bundy says:

VS + ReSharper is so slow as to be literally unusable for me. I’m guessing that Rider is a maybe a little hungrier for ram?

3. Dmitriy says:

Still no docker-compose I assume?

• Jacob says:

Cannot wait for debug in docker-compose. Would love to hear some updates on their goal of getting it in the 2019.2 release.

4. Saeid says:

your download page only shows the 2019.1.1 links

5. Swoorup says:

I really prefer Rider in comparison to Visual Studio. Some areas I find Rider not up to par:

* EF6 Migrations, could we also have the Nuget command prompt? Could also persist the configuration settings per project.
    * F# auto-imports, it works on tab completion, but fails to resolve when there is a missing open?

• Alexander Kurakin says:

Hey @Swoorup!
      * EF6 Migrations: is the project .NET core or classic .NET Framework?
      * F# auto-imports: it has not been implemented yet, we hope to do it in one of the upcoming releases this year.
      Thanks!