Introduction to MongoDB: Zero To Document Hero – Webinar Recording
The recording for Zero To Document Hero: Introduction to MongoDB, with Developer Advocate at MongoDB, Luce Carter is now available on YouTube.
Once upon a time, relational databases, or RDMS (think SQL), were the only data store in town. But now there’s a competitor, a group of non-SQL (aka NoSQL) databases, including document databases such as MongoDB.
In this talk, you will learn about the primary differences between them, what MongoDB is, including its full developer data platform, why document databases are so powerful, how MongoDB can be used with .NET, and some really cool uses cases that show databases can be cool ;).
By the end of the talk, you should walk away realising that SQL isn’t the only way.
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:01:30 Luce Carter
- 00:02:55 Luce’s History with Databases
- 00:08:10 Tables vs. Documents
- 00:16:48 Term Mapping Summary
- 00:22:26 MongoDB Atlas
- 00:27:49 Browsing Documents
- 00:38:25 .NET with MongoDB
- 00:48:45 MongoDB University
- 00:50:05 MongoDB Realm (Mobile)
- 00:53:17 MongoDB in Action
- 01:01:43 Questions and Answers
- 01:10:01 Outro
Links & References
About the presenter:
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!