PhpStorm 2019.3 EAP #8
PhpStorm 2019.3 EAP build 193.4932.16 is now available!
The Early Access Program gets close to a finish! The release is coming soon, and we are focused on stabilization and polishing. The build includes fixes for PHP and the latest updates from the WebStorm and DataGrip teams and the IntelliJ Platform.
Download PhpStorm 2019.3 EAP from the EAP page or via the JetBrains Toolbox App. Or, if you have the previous PhpStorm 2019.3 EAP build installed, you should get a notification in your IDE about a patch update soon.
So far, one of the most common performance problems faced by PhpStorm users has been the sluggish startup of the IDE. In the last two release cycles, we’ve devoted a lot of effort to reduce the time that users have to wait for the welcome screen to show up and for the IDE to open up with already indexed projects. As a result, you may expect PhpStorm 2019.3 to handle this job significantly faster compared to previous versions.
On average, the startup time has been reduced by more than 40% compared to PhpStorm 2019.1 and by more than 20% compared to PhpStorm 2019.2. For now, the results are more optimistic for some OSs than for others, but we’ll keep improving this in the future.
To speed up the startup, we’ve introduced a number of substantial changes under the hood. Here are the most important ones:
- Some processes that used to run subsequently are now run in parallel.
- Icons are now rendered from the pre-build cache.
- Classes have been reorganized in a way that makes the initial class loading faster.
- Font loading on macOS has been optimized.
This is still a work in progress. We have some other major changes planned for PhpStorm 2020.1, including, as usual, more optimizations of project indexing.
For the full list of changes in this build, please see the release notes.
Check out previous EAP blog posts for more updates and added features:
- PhpStorm 2019.3 Early Access Program is Now Open – PHP 7.4, Specify the interpreter for PHP test run configurations, Inject PHP language, Smooth mouse scrolling
- PhpStorm 2019.3 EAP #2 – PHPDoc improvements, Many small enchantments for PHP
- PhpStorm 2019.3 EAP #3 – HTTP Client improvements, Find in selection
- PhpStorm 2019.3 EAP #4
- PhpStorm 2019.3 EAP #5 – PSR-12, MongoDB support
- PhpStorm 2019.3 EAP #6 – PHP 7.4 Arrow functions
- PhpStorm 2019.3 EAP #7 – WSL support
Please report any problems to our issue tracker or comment on this post. Your feedback is much appreciated!
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!