We are happy to announce we’ve published a new major release of ReSharper Ultimate bundle: please say welcome to ReSharper Ultimate 2017.3.
Apart from 300+ fixed issues, ReSharper 2017.3 includes both long-awaited and unexpected features that will hopefully help you in your day-by-day routine:
- Visual Studio debugger extensions, such as searchable DataTips, values displayed right in the text editor, navigation to breakpoints, and creating breakpoints from the Find Results tool window.
- Performance guide for fine-tuning both ReSharper and Visual Studio settings to improve the overall IDE responsiveness in one place.
- Major updates to code formatting engine: support for aligning code in columns and other new code styles, as well as a way to disable or enable formatting for selected blocks of code with comments, or for files with EditorConfig.
- Improved Extract Method refactoring to support creating a local function and returning a value tuple instead of out parameter.
- Links to external resources in to-do items.
- New C# typing assists.
- Find Usages/Call Tracking presentation update.
- Enhanced Preview pane in tool windows.
- Support for tuples and
- Ctrl+Shift+Click action to show the result of ReSharper Go to Declaration in Visual Studio Peek preview overlay which now works in Visual Studio 2015 and 2017 in addition to 2013.
- TypeScript support improvements, such as better performance when using type guards, auto-completion for imported paths, and tracking changes in npm modules.
- New code generation action to create deconstructor from selected fields/properties for C# 7.
Other ReSharper Ultimate tools have been updated as well:
- ReSharper C++ 2017.3 brings the same debugger features as the mainline ReSharper, improves language understanding including the C++17 and C++14 specification, integrates Clang-tidy, adds more code inspections, context actions, and formatting options, and supports Catch2 in its unit test runner.
- dotTrace 2017.3 provides async/await and Tasks support in Timeline profiling mode, adds forecasting performance to Timeline Viewer, and introduces viewing backtraces in methods and subsystems.
- dotCover 2017.3 supports Continuous Testing for .NET Core tests, improves ‘Show Covering Tests’ popup, introduces new document coverage summary indicator in ReSharper marker bar, and brings C# 7 local functions support.
- dotPeek 2017.3 introduces “Tools | Show PDB Content…” menu action, and adds “Open from NuGet Packages Cache” dialog to Assembly Explorer tab.
- dotMemory 2017.3 improves object search and receives a solid set of bug fixes.