PhpStorm 2019.1 released: Debug Twig and Blade, Locate Dead Code, Enjoy Improved Autocompletion, New Refactorings & Quick-Fixes, and more
PhpStorm 2019.1 is now available for you!
This major release brings with it support for debugging Twig and Blade templates, locating dead code, new and improved refactorings, intentions, and quick-fixes, enhanced performance and stability, and much more!
Explore the top new features and download PhpStorm 2019.1 on our website.
Below we have put together just some of the most interesting features.
- Debug uncompiled Twig and Laravel 5.8+ Blade templates.
- Locate dead code with the brand new Unused Declaration inspection.
- New Refactorings, Intentions, and Quick-Fixes
- Move To Class Refactoring allows to move functions and constants to a class, even several at once.
- String Juggling Toolbox has a few new useful string manipulations.
- New Remove Unused Variable intention.
- New Method may be ‘static’ quick-fix which is available when the method does not use any instance references.
- Improved Autocompletion thanks to new .phpstorm.meta.php features.
- Reworked Imports to remove unnecessary FQN when possible and ability to sort use statements by length or alphabetically.
- Code Cleanup for PHP to cleanse the code and safely remove redundancies automatically.
- New coloring options for primitive parameter types and class member visibility.
- Improved PHPDoc styling configuration.
- Reuse Docker containers with docker-compose exec support.
- Cleaned up default PHP file template – no more “Created by PhpStorm”.
- Support for control-click on
@inheritdocto go to inherited docblock.
- New intention to add existing class field to a constructor.
- Set breakpoints on enter and exit of an internal PHP function (call breakpoint).
- Possibility to analyze files strictly even w/o
declare(strict_types = 1).
- Fixup and Squash actions in Git log.
- Cherry-pick a file from a commit in Git log.
- New “Uncheck all” checkbox for partial Git commits.
- Switch sides of compared files in diff viewer.
- Ignored files and folders are now highlighted
- Force push is a bit safer with –force-with-lease option
- Recent Locations Popup.
- New UI Themes: Dark Purple, Gray, Cyan light, or even your own one.
- Soft-wraps depending on file type.
- Saving a project as a template.
- Updated docs for CSS & HTML and browser compatibility info from MDN.
- Improved TypeScript support in Vue apps.
- New inspections for Angular apps.
- Support for new databases: Greenplum, Vertica, and Apache Hive.
- Code completion supports combined statements for CREATE and DROP.
- Support for DEFINER attributes in MySQL and MariaDB.
- Support for the Oracle mode in MariaDB.
- You can now set the default folder for a project.
If you are after the full list of all the changes then check out the really long release notes.
Please share your feedback in the comments, report bugs and suggestions on our issue tracker, or just connect with us on Twitter!
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!