PhpStorm 2019.1 is now available for you!
This major release brings with it support for debugging Twig and Blade templates, locating dead code, new and improved refactorings, intentions, and quick-fixes, enhanced performance and stability, and much more!
Below we have put together just some of the most interesting features.
- Debug uncompiled Twig and Laravel 5.8+ Blade templates.
- Locate dead code with the brand new Unused Declaration inspection.
- New Refactorings, Intentions, and Quick-Fixes
- Move To Class Refactoring allows to move functions and constants to a class, even several at once.
- String Juggling Toolbox has a few new useful string manipulations.
- New Remove Unused Variable intention.
- New Method may be ‘static’ quick-fix which is available when the method does not use any instance references.
- Improved Autocompletion thanks to new .phpstorm.meta.php features.
- Reworked Imports to remove unnecessary FQN when possible and ability to sort use statements by length or alphabetically.
- Code Cleanup for PHP to cleanse the code and safely remove redundancies automatically.
- New coloring options for primitive parameter types and class member visibility.
- Improved PHPDoc styling configuration.
- Reuse Docker containers with docker-compose exec support.
- Cleaned up default PHP file template – no more “Created by PhpStorm”.
- Support for control-click on
@inheritdocto go to inherited docblock.
- New intention to add existing class field to a constructor.
- Set breakpoints on enter and exit of an internal PHP function (call breakpoint).
- Possibility to analyze files strictly even w/o
declare(strict_types = 1).
- Fixup and Squash actions in Git log.
- Cherry-pick a file from a commit in Git log.
- New “Uncheck all” checkbox for partial Git commits.
- Switch sides of compared files in diff viewer.
- Ignored files and folders are now highlighted
- Force push is a bit safer with –force-with-lease option
- Recent Locations Popup.
- New UI Themes: Dark Purple, Gray, Cyan light, or even your own one.
- Soft-wraps depending on file type.
- Saving a project as a template.
- Updated docs for CSS & HTML and browser compatibility info from MDN.
- Improved TypeScript support in Vue apps.
- New inspections for Angular apps.
- Support for new databases: Greenplum, Vertica, and Apache Hive.
- Code completion supports combined statements for CREATE and DROP.
- Support for DEFINER attributes in MySQL and MariaDB.
- Support for the Oracle mode in MariaDB.
- You can now set the default folder for a project.
If you are after the full list of all the changes then check out the really long release notes.
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop