Rider 2017.3 Early Access Program is open
We have just started up another Rider pre-release cycle: please feel free to download Rider 2017.3 EAP!
The first EAP build contains the following new features and bugfixes:
- New project templates.
- Heaps of UI improvements in the Unit Tests window.
- Many debugger enhancements such as Smart Step Into, async causality chain tracking, and support for dynamic modules/assemblies.
- Performance improvements on loading and reloading solutions.
- C# Interactive window.
- Support for package references in classic .csproj projects.
- Changes in settings: Export/import file, Reset and Copy settings to actions; Null Checking tab in C# code style settings; per-language separation on Inspection Severity configuration page.
- Web.config transforms (XDT transforms).
- Lots of improvements to support Unity.
- Auto-open the namespaces during completion in F#.
- Initial support for Value Tuples in VB.NET.
- Updated code formatter, including new formatting options and fixes, notably for C# and HTML, as well as control of formatting settings via file masks from .editorconfig and via comments.
- Improved Razor support.
- C# 7 support extended with a code generation action that creates deconstructors from selected fields or properties.
- New typing assists for multi-line comments and chained method calls in C#.
- A fix for External Annotations support in .NET Core and .NET Standard projects.
Here’s the full list of fixed issues.
Come and download Rider 2017.3 EAP, or get it via Toolbox App.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Eager, Lazy and Explicit Loading with Entity Framework Core
Entity Framework Core (EF Core) supports a number of ways to load related data. There’s eager loading, lazy loading, and explicit loading. Each of these approaches have their own advantages and drawbacks. In this post, let’s have a quick look at each of these ways to load data for navigational prope…
OSS Power-Ups: bUnit – Webinar Recording
The recording of our webinar, OSS Power-Ups: bUnit, with Egil Hansen and Steven Giesel, is available. This was the twelfth episode of our OSS Power-Ups series, where we put a spotlight on open-source .NET projects. Subscribe to our community newsletter to receive notifications about future webi…
Accelerating Your Testing Workflow with Unit Test Creation and Navigation
Unit tests play an important role in our daily development workflow. They help us ensure our codebase's correctness when writing new functionality or performing refactorings to improve readability and maintainability. In the process, we often create new test files that accompany the p…
Introducing Predictive Debugging: A Game-Changing Look into the Future
With the introduction of debugging tools, software developers were empowered to interactively investigate the control flow of software programs to find bugs in live environments. At JetBrains, we've always strived to improve the art of debugging. Besides the more standard things you expect from a de…