ReSharper Ultimate 2019.2 is released!
Please welcome the new ReSharper Ultimate 2019.2 release.
ReSharper 2019.2 includes:
- Smart support for C# 8.0 language features such as indices, ranges, and unmanaged generic structs, as well as many new quick-fixes, inspections, and context actions.
- The enhanced Convert concatenation to interpolation context action which can now be applied in scope.
- A new faster “MSBuild-based” way to create a project model, which was borrowed from JetBrains Rider.
- An updated Performance Guide page.
- Updated debugger data tips: They respect the setting “Enable property evaluation and other implicit function calls” and can evaluate property values on demand.
- Find Usages uses the data from Solution Wide Error Analysis to gather the results. If you enable SWEA for your solution, Find Usages will show you the results significantly faster.
- Update in Navigation: “Search in a file” through the “Go to File Member” dialog and filter out comments from the “Go To Text” results.
- Improved code formatting: new formatting options for switch expressions, and you can edit EditorConfig properties right inside the Options page UI.
- Support for the Per-Monitor DPI Awareness mode in MS Visual Studio 2019.
Apart from the new features and improvements, ReSharper also has more than 300 issues fixed.
Other ReSharper Ultimate tools have received some solid updates too:
- ReSharper C++ 2019.2 provides significantly faster indexing thanks to a new preprocessor implementation. It improves code navigation and completion actions, adds more code hints in the editor, and has new code inspections. V2019.2 also comes with more sophisticated support for the new C++20 standard, as well as better integration for Unreal Engine 4 projects.
- dotCover 2019.2 supports Mono applications and unit tests on macOS, Linux, and Windows. dotCover’s console runner is now available on macOS and Linux too.
- dotTrace 2019.2 as integrated into Rider has become more mature. It includes the full set of Timeline filters, making it easier to analyze Timeline profiling snapshots in place.
- dotMemory 2019.2 no longer supports remote profiling. To offer you an adequate replacement, we have significantly improved the dotMemory console profiler which now supports almost all application types including .NET Core applications, IIS Express-hosted applications, and Windows services.
It’s also worth noting that both dotTrace and dotMemory are able to attach to and profile .NET Core 3.0 Preview 7 applications.
- dotPeek 2019.2 has a new tooltip with the description of a keyword in the IL Viewer, and a couple of updates for the metadata tree and Assembly Explorer.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Rider 2024.1 EAP 5: Collections Visualizer, Sticky Lines, Improved GitHub Actions Support, and More
We are mid-way through the Early Access Program for Rider 2024, which means the EAP 5 build has just been released, bringing a host of amazing updates. But before you go to download it, let’s go over the new features this preview contains. Collections visualizer Rider 2024.1 introduces t…
Rider 2024.1 EAP 4: New Monitoring Tool Window and Blazor WASM Hot Reload for Running Applications
The fourth installment in the Early Access Program for Rider 2024.1 has just been released. But before you go to download the EAP 4 build, let’s go over the major updates it contains. New Monitoring tool window Rider 2024.1 is bringing Monitoring – a new tool window that lets you monitor y…
Rider 2024.1 EAP 3: Stepping Time Visualization, Inline Breakpoints, and UX/UI Improvements.
Another week, another Rider 2024.1 Early Access Program build out for your consideration! This latest update brings the long-awaited stepping time visualization for debugging and the ability to add multiple breakpoints to a single line of code, as well as a couple of improvements to the user experie…
Another Set of Bug-fixes for ReSharper and Rider 2023.3 Is Here!
ReSharper and Rider have just received their third set of bug-fix updates for the 2023.3 release! Let’s take a look at the most important issues that have been resolved in this update. ReSharper Rename works correctly for references between files in ReSharper 2023.3. Using the search bar i…