Rider 2019.2 is released!
We have good news for you today – Rider 2019.2 is released and ready for you to download!
Here are the biggest and best things about Rider 2019.2:
- Debugger goodies: highlight key variables while debugging; Run to Statement and Jump to Statement have floating icons right in the code editor; and stack calculation and stepping are considerably faster in many situations.
- For Xamarin iOS developers: publish .ipa files to iOS devices, and manage provisioning profiles for Xamarin iOS projects right from Rider.
- Windows Forms designer: work with third-party controls from Telerik, DevExpress, Syncfusion, ComponentOne, and Infragistics; and use 32-bit controls.
- Code coverage now works for Mono applications and unit tests on macOS, Linux, and Windows.
- Enhanced C# support: enjoy better C# 8.0 support, and apply the Convert concatenation to interpolation context action in scope.
- Code Vision comes to F#! See inferred types for functions, values, members, and VCS author for declarations – right in the code editor.
- UI enhancements: now you can commit with a non-modal dialog right on the Local Changes tab; UI has been updated for tabs for the Light theme; and the code completion popup looks new.
Those were just the highlights. Rider 2019.2 also delivers:
- VCS updates: improved handling of ignore files; prediction of files you may be forgetting to check-in; ‘Show history for directory’ works through the Git log; and more.
- File Layout patterns can be modified via the XAML View (with code completion and code highlighting) right in Rider’s Settings/Preferences.
- Solution Explorer update: solution folders can now be renamed; Filtered solutions (*.slnf) are supported; and Auto-scroll to source is disabled for solution/project files.
- Unity support: serialized field values directly in the editor; code completion and validation of scene, tag, layers, and input values; greatly improved performance of text-based asset handling; and more.
- Web development: smart new intentions, improved Rename refactoring, better support for Vue.js component libraries, searching for duplicate code, and more.
- Database support: full-text search with SQL preview, new intention actions, and more.
- Syntax highlighting is available for over 20 different programming languages, thanks to the built-in TextMate language grammars.
- NuGet support: native cross-platform credential providers and the package’s readme.txt are supported, and XDT transformations update XML files.
- You’ll know when the ‘Build Solution’ or ‘Run Unit Tests’ action has been completed, thanks to a new system notification.
- Now you can exempt members from the Import namespace suggestion and from code completion.
- ASP.NET support: our own ‘ASP.NET code-behind files’ generator is available for aspx/ascx files.
We’d love to hear your feedback on how Rider 2019.2 is working for you. Send it our way!