JetBrains Rider 2017.2 is released
Posted on by
Please welcome Rider 2017.2 RTM: this year’s second major update to the new .NET IDE.
For a recap, here are the highlights of this Rider update:
- Support for .NET Core 2.0: you can now edit, run, debug, test, navigate and refactor your shiny new .NET Core applications.
- Call and value tracking: inspect where a value originates and where it’s passed next, or what call trees a method is part of.
- MSTest support: Rider can now run unit tests that target both the classic MSTest and the newer cross-platform MSTest V2.
- Opening individual folders or files, because not all code is in a solution or project. Alternatively, you can attach a folder to an exiting solution.
- Multiple debugger updates including the Parallel Stacks view, lambda evaluation, and marking variables.
- New refactorings ported from ReSharper: Transform Parameters and Invert Boolean.
- Updates from the latest ReSharper, including improved support for C# 7.0, initial support for C# 7.1, and an assortment of code inspections.
- Evolving F# support, including code folding, XML doc comment tooltips, and evaluating expressions on hover.
- Unity support improvements, such as new file templates and better ShaderLab code highlighting.